Just one more T.

Al Muoio

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
She was just too beautiful to pass by and not stare. A jewel from the earth. I knew I wanted this Pink Toe. I thought of how I never get to see my other T's which are burrowers. This one would be the one I could get to see often. I love her and now now I will wait a long time til I maybe get the very very last one, a Mexican Red Knee.
Blessings, Al

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Al Muoio
I will wait a long time til I maybe get the very very last one, a Mexican Red Knee.
Blessings, Al
Yeah right, you must be the guy that can eat just one potato chip. Good luck.

Botar

Al Muoio

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I forgot to tell about her home. I put her in a 10 gal tank with a screen top and 60 watt heat light. I put about 2" of jungle mix and some live plants. A realy nice piece of driftwood for climbing and coffee lid for water. I will mist every day. She looks beautiful in her new home.
blessings, Al

Dasgre0g

Arachnopeon
I forgot to tell about her home. I put her in a 10 gal tank with a screen top and 60 watt heat light. I put about 2" of jungle mix and some live plants. A realy nice piece of driftwood for climbing and coffee lid for water. I will mist every day. She looks beautiful in her new home.
blessings, Al

That heat lamp is a great idea if you want to cook your spider.
I do hear they are high in protein.

Al Muoio

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I thought I needed some heat for when the temperature drops at nite. What do you suggest?
Blessings, Al

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I thought I needed some heat for when the temperature drops at nite. What do you suggest?
Blessings, Al
a temp drop at night is perfectly ok within reason.......what are your temp ranges?
Ed

King_Looey

Arachnoprimate
Old Timer
It is colder in england than in the USA, yewrt i haven bverever neeeded a heat mat. all my spiders are good

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If you truly need heat and a space heater is not convenient, try heat tape. They sell it by the foot at Big Apple Herps. I'm not sure the web address, but I'm sure you can find it. I've got about 4' set up with a dimmer switch to control output and a thermostat. Works like a charm and very low energy use in comparison to a space heater.

Botar

Al Muoio

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I guess in the winter, it could drop to about 65 degs f. in this room. I borrowed a heat pad from one of my snakes and put it underneath the tank on one side. I guess that will do the trick. I also covered up half of the screen top.

Last edited: