Just Old Man ramblings about the “information highway”…

Huckleberry

Arachnopeon
I first entered this hobby in this hobby nearly 30 years ago. I was fortunate to have a successful mating and a few attempts that ended in bad sacs. There was hard copy information available and I read whatever I could find. I recently returned to the hobby to introduce the Grandkids and remembered how much I enjoyed it before. Now, the sheer amount of GREAT information available at your fingertips is amazing!! My personal shortcoming is as I try to ingest this fantastic expertise available, I tend to make it harder than it actually is!! Then I remember my olden days and try to strike a balance! Bottom line is I try to provide the best quality of life for my Ts based on their individual behavior coupled with the available knowledge and personal experiences. I live in the country and I figure there are probably millions of spiders in my backyard!! Somebody on the forums told me that they know how to spider better then we do and just follow their lead! Thought it made sense…

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Somebody on the forums told me that they know how to spider better then we do
I say this all the time- it's true. There's nothing I can do for my Ts but feed and water. If they are sick, can't fix that, they would probably die, there are not vets for Ts, too little is known about them.

I make a nice hide, they ignore it sometimes, and dig, go figure.

Keep enjoying, and given you live in the country, I can't imagine you cannot find jumping spiders, my favorite.

Huckleberry

Arachnopeon
I say this all the time- it's true. There's nothing I can do for my Ts but feed and water. If they are sick, can't fix that, they would probably die, there are not vets for Ts, too little is known about them.

I make a nice hide, they ignore it sometimes, and dig, go figure.

Keep enjoying, and given you live in the country, I can't imagine you cannot find jumping spiders, my favorite.
Yes indeed! "Jumping" spiders are pretty common and also what I always called "wolf" spiders. twenty five years ago, I used to cup the big wolf spiders when they came in the house. I would give them to my big Red Legs. They loved them like candy.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
You fed a spider to a T ??????? not cool, spiders are beneficial.

Huckleberry

Arachnopeon
You fed a spider to a T ??????? not cool, spiders are beneficial.
Yes, 25 years ago I would feed one that came in the house. other times, I would cup them and take them outside. I lived in the country and certainly did not endanger the indigenous spider species. I always liked spiders, but not particularly finding them on the bed!

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yes, 25 years ago I would feed one that came in the house. other times, I would cup them and take them outside. I lived in the country and certainly did not endanger the indigenous spider species. I always liked spiders, but not particularly finding them on the bed!
No wonder there are so many mosquitoes, this all goes back to you! :embarrassed: ;)