Just needing reassurance from you guys

KevinFrancisco

Arachnopeon
hey whatsup guys...

My G Rosea recently started digging into the substrate which I know is common for them since they are burrowing species. But mine started to cover up the entrance to her tunnel which I think is also natural. Maybe she just wanted to be alone for a while. I just need reassurance as the title says... Here are the pics.

Thanks a lot! :D

bholmes

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Judging by that big, black a** it is definitally in premolt.

HAGAR

Arachnosquire
Hi

Congrats soon you will be the proud owner of a newly moltet t that grew my 2mm
And by soon i mean anything between 2 weeks and 2 months.{D

jimip

Arachnosquire
lol well its a small work. i have a G. pulchripes sling thats about the same size.... actually they look almost identical. i feel i can trust my pet store but they cant look that alike can they?

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Burrowing down and closing up the burrow behind it, is perfectly normal. It will most likely molt before it reemerges, but don't count on it being soon. Alot of N(ew)W(orld) terrestrials will sense the season change and burrow down until spring. The first winter that we had tarantulas, we had 4 that did this and I freaked after I hadn't seen any sign of them after a month; but they all emerged in the spring just fine and sporting their new suits. We already have 4 down in burrows so far this year, so I will reassure you ahead of time that this is normal too. Yours may not do this, but if it does, at least you can see it in its burrow to know it is alright.(I couldn't;)) Leave it be, have patience and good luck!:D

Salamanderhead

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I wouldn't say G. Rosea are a burrowing species personally. Although some do it.
Most terrestrial slings seem to burrow from what I've seen though.

KevinFrancisco

Arachnopeon
Sounds like premolt behaviour, when last did she eat?
About a week ago.

Hi

Congrats soon you will be the proud owner of a newly moltet t that grew my 2mm
And by soon i mean anything between 2 weeks and 2 months.{D
whoa 2months? haha

lol well its a small work. i have a G. pulchripes sling thats about the same size.... actually they look almost identical. i feel i can trust my pet store but they cant look that alike can they?
Well maybe they can coz they're just juvies...I think?

Burrowing down and closing up the burrow behind it, is perfectly normal. It will most likely molt before it reemerges, but don't count on it being soon. Alot of N(ew)W(orld) terrestrials will sense the season change and burrow down until spring. The first winter that we had tarantulas, we had 4 that did this and I freaked after I hadn't seen any sign of them after a month; but they all emerged in the spring just fine and sporting their new suits. We already have 4 down in burrows so far this year, so I will reassure you ahead of time that this is normal too. Yours may not do this, but if it does, at least you can see it in its burrow to know it is alright.(I couldn't;)) Leave it be, have patience and good luck!:D
But im living in the philippines, we only have rainy season and summer. So when should I expect my Rosea to emerge? Oh well I think I'll just wait for her whenever she's ready. :}

Thanks guys! one more question though, I've been thinking if the substrate won't collapse on my T and bury him alive. Ever heard this happened before?

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
But im living in the philippines, we only have rainy season and summer. So when should I expect my Rosea to emerge? Oh well I think I'll just wait for her whenever she's ready. :}
I should have paid attention to your location! :8o Oops! :eek: I wouldn't know when to expect her, or whether the same thing would apply to your region.(my guess is no, but I have no clue) :eek: Waiting is the best course of action though, it is down there because it wants to be, so let it have the alone time it wants. :)

Thanks guys! one more question though, I've been thinking if the substrate won't collapse on my T and bury him alive. Ever heard this happened before?
If the substrate does collapse, the T can dig its way out. It did dig to get down there and will be able to dig itself out if the tunnel collapses. :)

Stopdroproll

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Abnormal symptoms, we should perform some tests. CT scan, MRI, X-rays and a biopsy.