Just Need Reassurance

tmanjim

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I will be out of town for a few days and will have someone staying at the house that is terrified of T's. I am going to fill the water dishes and feed before I go. Just want to know the T's will be OK until I return. Can any of you let me know you have done this with no problems?? I know I will worry, but some reassuance from the boards will help alot.

Sunar

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
For a few days....your T's will be fine.

A few months...depends on if they can get water once in awhile.

~Fred

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Few days is nothing. One full water dish will be more then plenty for them while you are gone. I went to Australia with no one taking care of my Ts, 18 days. I came home to 6 adult molts dozens of sling molts and a bunch of hungry hungry mouths to feed, but other then that they were all alive and well. You will be just fine.

mr_jacob7

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
yeah, they'll be fine. these guys are tougher than most people think. a cric will last a week or two, and a full water dish will last around a week. be safe on the trip! :)

Thoth

Arachnopharoah
Old Timer
I 've gone away for a week and come back with no problems. I fed them and filled the water dishes before I left. I also regularly leave them alone for a three or four days once or twice a month.

ErikH

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I've done the same. I few days is nothing. As long as they have water, they will be fine.

tmanjim

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
The ones with water dishes will be fine. I also have avics that do not have room for a water dish but I will mist before I go. 3 days. Should be OK????

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Mist well and they should be fine too. Just make sure your house temps are not to high while you are gone. Even if its 75 and above I think your avics will be just fine for a few days.......... you sure you cant fit a water dish in their inclosure somewhere just incase?

T-chick

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Make sure that you either lock that door or put a chair infront of it OR tape accross the door saying "please do not enter".
I will be gone 7 days later on in a month... and my bf will have to feed my reptile. But not my T's....

xgrafcorex

Thread Killer
Old Timer
i left the country for 13 or 14 days and all but one of them were fine..the one that died was a sling. i even had smaller slings that were just fine..so i'm not quite sure what happened. just make sure to give them all something to drink and you should be fine.

pinkzebra

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have left my Ts alone for 10 days before and they were fine. I am sure all but the tiny slings could have been left alone much longer. Good luck, have fun on your trip and don't worry.

Jen

Venom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've left my T's at home while on a trip overseas for two weeks. They'll be fine.

Amanda

Arachnolord
Old Timer
It's like leaving your first born child with a babysitter for the first time (not that I have any kids, lol). You're supposed to freak out, but they'll be just fine. Don't worry about it.

tmanjim

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Update

Thanks for all the replies. I just got back and all T's are great and my little 2 1/2 in P. Irminia molted. The exuvium was pretty pliable so it must have been pretty recent.