just male or is it more?

juggalo69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have a male OBT that came out of its web for the first time since it molted about three weeks ago. As it walked around the tank I noticed what looked like it was shivering or vibrating its entire body very rapidly. I have other male Ts but none of this species, is this an OBT mating call or do I have a sick T? I have never seen a T do anything like this before, mine or otherwise.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Does that movement happend in intervals? Or is it constant when hes walking?
If its at intervals that might be the drumming he would do for his mate. If not then he might just still be adjusting to his new body.

juggalo69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Its not a constant motion, it happens while walking and standing still, no regular interval, and no drumming of the palps more of an abdominal and leg shake.
It has water and it has taken a cricket or two since its molt.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Well he seems ok for now....... he might have some sort of nerve issue. But I dont really think so. Is he cramped at all? Or does he have plenty of room? Mine just molted and hes walking fine webbing all over, but in the first few days he walked weird and wobbly. At least hes eating and drinking thats a good sign.

lunixweb

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
only be sure that your T is eating and it has enough water, I guess it will be fine..

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
P. murinus mature at a very small size, I think you may want to check for 'boxing gloves'. Sounds like mature male behavior. Do you have a female murinus anywhere around?

-Sean

juggalo69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
its a maive galle for sure.
It should have plenty of room it is in a five gallon tank.

Amanda

Arachnolord
Old Timer
My mature male G. rosea vibrated like that in my hand on one occasion. I hadn't had him for long, and hadn't yet paired him with my female. He was sitting on my palm, and it literally felt like a cell phone vibrating in my hand. There was no "drumming," only vibration. We were sitting next to the female's tank, and my hands had been in her tank shortly before handling him. I think your guy is just looking for the ladies.