Just got some Rare T's

ronoverdrive

Arachnopeon
So today I went to ReptiCon to spend some money I put to the side for picking up a few spooders and maybe my first scorpion. Well ended up going a little crazier then I expected and ended up getting a Psalmopoeus victorii and a Sericopelma sp "chica" sling. If what Alfie over there at KamelSpiders said is true then other then him, I am the only one with these in the USA! :D The P. victorii is a cousin of the P. irminia & P. cambridgei, but according to Alfie his young adult female is rather docile compared to the irminia & cambridgei. The interesting thing? Its not only a new species, but the only arboreal species from Mexico! The S. sp "chica" looks cool, but not much is known about them since their a new species. I plan to keep it like my B. hamorii and keep an eye on it to jot down notes to share.

Here's a link to some of what I got at ReptiCon this month. All I ask is a moment of silence for my wallet. ;_;

https://imgur.com/gallery/MMVfQ

cold blood

Staff member
Yeah, I know that victori wasn't cheap...Many of us have been waiting on them for a while now....A shipement just came in apparently, because I am seeing them for sale finally...only at astronomical prices...more in line with what I might pay for a kidney.

Please, please for the love of the hobby, breed it when it matures...you know a breeder with a female, so even if its male, you have a place...just grow it super fast...Psalms are typically easy to breed and many can double clutch...so it would be lucrative for you as well as help to bring prices back to this planet in the future.

ronoverdrive

Arachnopeon
Yeah, I know that victori wasn't cheap...Many of us have been waiting on them for a while now....A shipement just came in apparently, because I am seeing them for sale finally...only at astronomical prices...more in line with what I might pay for a kidney.

Please, please for the love of the hobby, breed it when it matures...you know a breeder with a female, so even if its male, you have a place...just grow it super fast...Psalms are typically easy to breed and many can double clutch...so it would be lucrative for you as well as help to bring prices back to this planet in the future.
Oh trust me I plan to though I'm hoping more for a female then a male right now only because there's so few of them on the market I'm worried that by the time it matures there might not be enough breedable females around if it ends up male.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
The paper on victorri came out a while ago, old news.

However, if you don't breed it or send yours to someone who does breed, it's a "waste" of money.

Psalmo's are easy to breed, and fortunately the price of their slings drop like rocks quite soon. I'll wait to get mine later. Have fun with yours!!!

Kamelspiders isn't the only dealer who has them.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
P. Victorii have been available in the U.K. for a few months now, lovely looking sp. the attachment doesn't do it justice, google an AF and you'll see why there priced that highly.

MetalMan2004

Arachnodemon
Congrats on the P victorii! Instill very much want one and no doubt would throw down the cash if one was right in front of me at a show.

Kamelspiders is now the third offering I've seen in the US so my guess is we'll be seeing much more of them.

Enjoy yours! I can't wait to get one myself!

boina

Lady of the mites
I've seen P. victori slings for sale for 100 Euro a sling around here - and I'm seriously thinking about it. It's probably better to wait a bit more, though...

Congratulations on your prize, though!

Seven Ravens

Arachnopeon
palpfrictiontarantulias.com has p victori slings for $150 and are in the US. They also have S. sp "chica" slings for a great price. It's actually how I found this thread. I'll buy a victori if they go on sale on Monday and I'll probably buy the s. sp "chica" outright.

Good luck with your new additions.

MetalMan2004

Arachnodemon
Since my May post I’ve seen multiple offerings for victori at $150. They’ve already come down a lot and I’m sure it’ll just continue to drop.

Doesn’t mean I don’t still want one though.

cold blood

Staff member
Since my May post I’ve seen multiple offerings for victori at $150. They’ve already come down a lot and I’m sure it’ll just continue to drop.

Doesn’t mean I don’t still want one though.
$150 is still an outrageous price for a sling though.

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
More Psalms to add to the genus collection! Hope they become more readily available soon.

Edit - Just realized this was a thread started in May. Oops.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
So today I went to ReptiCon to spend some money I put to the side for picking up a few spooders and maybe my first scorpion. Well ended up going a little crazier then I expected and ended up getting a Psalmopoeus victorii and a Sericopelma sp "chica" sling. If what Alfie over there at KamelSpiders said is true then other then him, I am the only one with these in the USA! :D The P. victorii is a cousin of the P. irminia & P. cambridgei, but according to Alfie his young adult female is rather docile compared to the irminia & cambridgei. The interesting thing? Its not only a new species, but the only arboreal species from Mexico! The S. sp "chica" looks cool, but not much is known about them since their a new species. I plan to keep it like my B. hamorii and keep an eye on it to jot down notes to share.

Here's a link to some of what I got at ReptiCon this month. All I ask is a moment of silence for my wallet. ;_;

https://imgur.com/gallery/MMVfQ
A good breeder friend of mine has P victor., it won't be long before we see them in USA hatched, and prices plummet like rocks. I'll wait.