Just got Oligoxystre diamantinensis 3/4inch sling, picture inside (help)

stephen sav

Arachnopeon
Hi, the spiderlooks a little big even though its my first t, do you think this T could escape a cricket keeper? can i move it into a cricket keeper (small) or just keep it in this deli cup? i'd rather the cricket keeper if i can

Walker253

Arachnobaron
I think you're better off leaving it in the deli cup. You can control things like temp and humidity slightly better in the deli cup. At 3/4" it doesn't need all the space of even a small critter keeper. Vast open area is not always a good thing to tarantulas. They do better in tighter places. It makes finding prey easier. I'd wait for a few molts to occur before I'd consider moving it to a larger container
Also, If you have to ask if it could escape, then it might be able to. I would hold off noting that as well. I know the critter keeper is more visually appealing for you, but not necessarily best for your new arrival.

Blue Jaye

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
At 3/4 inch it will be able to walk right out of a critter keeper. Unless you screen the lid.

cold blood

Staff member
You already got all this info in your previous thread. I mean, down to the letter.

Its too wet in there.