Just got my second T! (sling)

Kegaran

Arachnopeon
Seems vain to make a topic on it but I'm quite happy about this, got a B.smithi a few years ago, Watched it grow into a mature female that's still doing great to date. Managed to find a small 1 inch GBB sling today however, Guy had it in almost too small of a test tube (legs wider then lid) so I'm currently baking a small batch of eco earth and setting up a larger deli cup for it. Can't wait to watch this thing grow and web!

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
Seems vain to make a topic on it but I'm quite happy about this, got a B.smithi a few years ago, Watched it grow into a mature female that's still doing great to date. Managed to find a small 1 inch GBB sling today however, Guy had it in almost too small of a test tube (legs wider then lid) so I'm currently baking a small batch of eco earth and setting up a larger deli cup for it. Can't wait to watch this thing grow and web!
Nah, any day you get a new T is an exciting day. Show us some pics when you have time. We all love pics!

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Managed to find a small 1 inch GBB sling today however, Guy had it in almost too small of a test tube (legs wider then lid) so I'm currently baking a small batch of eco earth and setting up a larger deli cup for it. Can't wait to watch this thing grow and web!
The GBB won't disappoint you. Even as a sling, it's gorgeous, builds webs, and has a nice prey response.

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
The color change with each molt, feeding response is impressive, you will definitely enjoy raising your GBB.

Paiige

Arachnobaron
Congrats! I picked up some new babies today too and wanted to make a thread but wasn't sure so thanks!

You will love your GBB. Mine is a little poop but I still love him dearly. He makes me laugh and defies all GBB logic but has a great attitude, feeding response and is quite handsome!

Kegaran

Arachnopeon
Well! About to put it into it's deli cup, slightly nervous about it shooting up my arm when I pop the lid of the tube though.. Raised my Red knee from a sling as well but it's always been nice and lazy, from what I hear these are far more skittish. Then tomorrow to the store for crickets..

skyvie

Arachnopeon
I'm definitely a member of the GBB club! Only great things to say about them. I'm sure you'll do fine with rehousing - mine has been a little "skittish" but nothing insane, just a little "nervous" (not 'OMG where did it go' or 'Get it off me').

Kegaran

Arachnopeon
First feeding since his rehouse in the deli cup, went well, except the 10 minutes of trying to corral him into said cup..he sorta went out the side of the test tube... Now to get a small water dish in there... I'll have a picture up as soon, I assume I can just upload a pic strait from my PC with that "Upload a file" button down there?

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
First feeding since his rehouse in the deli cup, went well, except the 10 minutes of trying to corral him into said cup..he sorta went out the side of the test tube... Now to get a small water dish in there... I'll have a picture up as soon, I assume I can just upload a pic strait from my PC with that "Upload a file" button down there?
yup

Christian Jocson

Arachnopeon
GBB slings are fun to watch grow up because during the first couple molts they look different every time until they finally get the adult pattern.

As already stated, they are heavy webbers, eaters and fast growing.

Try putting it in an enclosure with random sticks leaning against the walls. More often than not GBB's will create cool tunnels through the sticks

Kegaran

Arachnopeon
Here's a picture of my new comer!, Still need to figure out a water dish. (and a way to get it in fast he's already proved to be a quick runner) GBB.jpg

Tanner Dzula

Arachnoknight
GBB's really are an Awesome T to own, especially if you like having a very Brightly Covered T.

Also agree with @Christian Jocson, with putting up sticks. i always prefer to keep them Semi terrestrial and semi arboreal.

Mine currently has a Hide sup up in a hurried half cork Round AND a Half web hammock in the Sticks on the opposite side of the enclosure.
He periodically migrates from one to the other.

and they can be VERY heavy webber, here is a picture of mine ~ 3 days after i got him.
Day 1. brought him home and put in new enclosure.
Day 2. Found him flipped upside down Mid-Molt( Guys over at Bug-Farts had said they believed he was in possible Pre-molt when they had packed him up for the Expo, they almost didn't bring him for that reason)
Day 3. Found him outside the hide, up in his sticks already Webbing them all together and snapped this pic!

Attachments

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
Superb, GBB's are fantastic T's to watch growing up, they change so much from slings to adults, the morphing is amazing. Enjoy.