Just got my first Ts!!

bjaeger

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I just got my first two Ts today and I couldn't be more happier with them! One is a B. albopilosum and the other is a G. rosea sling. I couldn't help but let the bigger one crawl all over my arm. It was just too cool :). I'm not sure which I like better now: Ts or scorps :?

Here's a pic of the little guy: http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z248/phpkoder/DSCI2432-1.jpg

When do you think I should try and feed them? Maybe tonight or tomorrow?

Thanks!! {D

bjaeger

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I went to PetSmart and they wanted $3.xx for a stinky half of a coconut with an entrance cut in it, so I decided to go to GIANT and buy a coconut for $1.99 and do it myself with a hacksaw & a jigsaw. It looks awesome and I got 2 hides out of it! I saved about $5 if I was going to buy 2 of these.

Zoltan

Cult Leader
Old Timer
That's how I make my coco-hides too. :) About feeding, I think you should wait a few days for them to acclimatize, but you can try, worst case scenario they won't accept the food.

bjaeger

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well.. bugster said that the albo ate a dubia about 2-weeks-ago, so I guess he might still be digesting that. I'll try again in a few days.

He's now got the entrance to the coconut about 2/3 covered with peat/web. I guess that's to make him feel more secure since he just moved in?

Diggy415

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Isn't it soo exicting to recieve them, and then it goes downhill from there. the thrill only last so long then they are just spiders.

Zoltan

Cult Leader
Old Timer
He's now got the entrance to the coconut about 2/3 covered with peat/web. I guess that's to make him feel more secure since he just moved in?
Exactly. If it started to burrow and construct it's a good sign, it's settling in. :)

bjaeger

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Isn't it soo exicting to recieve them, and then it goes downhill from there. the thrill only last so long then they are just spiders.
Yeah that's how it was with my Emp. I miss my Ts if I'm gone for over an hour.

Exactly. If it started to burrow and construct it's a good sign, it's settling in. :)
Awesome. I thought so! It dug about 1/2" in the corner. I'm not sure if that's considered burrowing or not.

Will it come out for water when it's thirsty? It's been sitting in there for a day now. Never saw it drink yet.

Here's the video of me handling my albo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eP7mAQput7A

smof

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
You might never see your Ts drink. It's good to have water available but don't worry if they totally ignore it or dump dirt in their waterdishes all the time. Congrats and welcome to Ts :D

bjaeger

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If they dump the peat into the water dish they can just suck it up, right?

Thanks for the warm welcome! :D

unitard311

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I miss my Ts when I am gone everyday!! They have not gotten old for me at all, over a year now! You will love them!! Welcome to the hobby.:D

bjaeger

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I hope it stays that way for me! I'm still waiting for my albo to come out of the coconut. He's got his little wall of peat/web in the front. He's gotta get thirsty sometime..