Just got my first T! Check my enclosure?

Socfroggy

Arachnoknight
Just got a 2" B. emilia! I'm pretty sure the enclosure is good with sub, how's the ventilation? The other side has holes but I covered them, I'll redo those in a second. Hide and water dish to be installed, I'll post pictures of that after I know the vents are good. Since it's 2" now it can be kept on bone dry sub, yes?? IMG_20170603_205407.jpg IMG_20170603_205353.jpg

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
Good job, nice and simple. Most new people try to fill the enclosure with branches, fake plants, rocks, etc., and they make it way too big. This is all you need. Have fun with your emilia, I hear they're total sweethearts.

Socfroggy

Arachnoknight
Finished enclosure with tarantula. Not pictured: Now toppled water dish.

IMG_20170603_224708.jpg IMG_20170603_225639.jpg

Socfroggy

Arachnoknight
Just wanted to double check and make sure those holes are good. I was only able to use a large sewing needle for them. But they are along the length of the enclosure along with some on the lid.

Walker253

Arachnobaron
It looks fine. Holes are all fine. Not a fan of a plastic cup for a hide, but to each his own. A little bit bigger of a water dish wouldn't hurt.

Socfroggy

Arachnoknight
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH she is a BEAUTY. Post some more pictures of her, that's amazing.
You got it! Just give me some time. It's my birthday and I'm JUST now able to sit down and send out the obligatory facebook "Thanks for the birthday wishes!".

Socfroggy

Arachnoknight
It looks fine. Holes are all fine. Not a fan of a plastic cup for a hide, but to each his own. A little bit bigger of a water dish wouldn't hurt.
TBH, I'm not either. I was going to get this wooden half-tube that would work perfectly but I was running out of time and I wanted to get the T housed tonight with a hide. I plan on changing it out. I also thought that of the water dish but I was in a pinch. I'm actually about to order some of those little plastic cups to use as water dishes.

Walker253

Arachnobaron
TBH, I'm not either. I was going to get this wooden half-tube that would work perfectly but I was running out of time and I wanted to get the T housed tonight with a hide. I plan on changing it out. I also thought that of the water dish but I was in a pinch. I'm actually about to order some of those little plastic cups to use as water dishes.
Petco has a little reptile dish with a natural look for 3 bucks. A Gatorade lid or a Peanut Butter jar lid would be a better size.
On the hide, a little half log, cork bark half tube, or even a PVC elbow works well

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
You got it! Just give me some time. It's my birthday and I'm JUST now able to sit down and send out the obligatory facebook "Thanks for the birthday wishes!".
Happy birthday. My G. pulchripes was a Christmas gift last year.

Socfroggy

Arachnoknight
Petco has a little reptile dish with a natural look for 3 bucks. A Gatorade lid or a Peanut Butter jar lid would be a better size.
On the hide, a little half log, cork bark half tube, or even a PVC elbow works well
The thing about those is that they do have some weight to them and I could imagine bad things happening If they were to slip from the tongs. But I do have a larger lid for it. As for the hide, I will probably end up getting a small terracotta pot and breaking it. I got her from my local exotic pet store which is pretty damn good at keeping everything they have. The manager and I went through their cork round selections but they have stuff more fitting snakes, frogs and lizards.

Socfroggy

Arachnoknight
Happy birthday. My G. pulchripes was a Christmas gift last year.
That's awesome!! And thank you, I truly appreciate it :) I'm already loving this T. No fuss with the re-house at all. Hasn't found the hide yet but I'm not concerned.

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
That's awesome!! And thank you, I truly appreciate it :) I'm already loving this T. No fuss with the re-house at all. Hasn't found the hide yet but I'm not concerned.
They're almost blind. It'll take her a little while to find it. Be ready to watch it dig a whole bunch. It's the best part of a rehousing, is that for several days, the tarantula never stops moving. It shovels dirt around constantly. Make sure you have a red flashlight, though, because they're really skittish during this time.

Socfroggy

Arachnoknight
Thanks for the reminder! I had to prod it for it to move from the container to the enclosure and it handled that very well. It tried to bolt once i had the lid placed and transported everything from bathtub to bedroom.

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
I must say you made an excellent choice by choosing the B. emilia, I have two and they both are amazing eaters (though I don't feed the male as often as the female)

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
Congratulations! :singing:
B emilia is an excellent choice. Mine is quite calm and usually out in full view (mine is an adult now). Gorgeous Ts.
Enjoy yours!