Just got home from the spider show...

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hi all,

I went to a spider and insect show with my little brother and Arachnojoost. It wasn't really what we had expected, but it was cool nonetheless!

I already had some contact with a german dealer before this show, and he told me he would take some spideys with him I wanted. I bought 2 Avicularia ulrichea from him. 1 Adult female, and 1 subadult male... They are both in premolt right now, so they don't look very good on the pics.

I also got myself the spider I wanted since the last show, Xenesthis immanis... Man, this little bugger is fast! He is probably about 2" now I guess, but very leggy!

My brother, who is new to keeping T's, got himself a nice big Grammostola rosea female, which we think might be pregnant.

I hope you enjoy the pics.

Dennis

First up is the A. ulrichea female, Janneke. As you can see, her abdomen is very small! But since her butt is all black, I dont want to take the risk with putting a cricket in with her.

Attachments

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Here is the A. ulrichea male, Jip. He is just a tad smaller then the female. This one is also in premolt.

Attachments

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Here is the Xenesthis immanis spiderling, Prince. As you can see ... very leggy!

Attachments

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
And last but not least, the ever popular, Grammostola rosea!! We called this one Maxima, it's a long story to explain, but if it's pregnant, it suits the name well. :)

Attachments

Static_69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
those are some very very nice T's you bought!
I've never even heard of A. ulrichea, but I definitely like how they look.

Risto

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by Static_69
those are some very very nice T's you bought!
I've never even heard of A. ulrichea, but I definitely like how they look.
Lol, neither have I! I dunno, it might just be a subspecies of A. aurantiaca. Since they are both in premolt, they don't look as good as they use to do. But let's wait till they molt!

Dennis

Static_69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
you have to be sure to post pics of them as soon as they molt.
i bet their colors are awesome after a molt!

Risto

Cyprinus01

Arachnopeon
Hi Dennis,

Very nice pics, thanx for sharing !
I've just visited the same spider show (harmelen) and I came home with a acanthoscurria geniculata, about 5cm (female).
I bought it from the same german you were telling about.
She (the spider) is in a real good condition and i'm very very happy with her.
This is the second in my collection (together with my g. pulchra, male.
How big is your collection at the moment?

Greets,
Rick (Zoetermeer, Den Haag)

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Good to see more and more dutch people joining this forum! :).

I have 16 spiders at the moment, from 13 different species. About 70 percent of em are 2" or less, so they still have a lot of growing to do.

Did you also saw that male G. pulchra they had? Man, that one was a beauty!

Dennis

Cyprinus01

Arachnopeon
That sounds like a very nice collection.
Yes I did see the male pulchra, I have to wait a longggg time before mine reaches that size and got those colours.
Mine is about 4/5 cm at the moment, but I really want to wait if that is the result.
This was my second spidershow, the first one was in Houten.
Houten was a lot bigger, with much more spiders, but Harmelen was fun also.
And did you see that female Theraphosa blondi? What a monster !
I really wanted to buy that one, only my mother would not appreciate it too much, she would not sleep a second with such a monster next @ her house (wait when I get my own house ;P)!

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Please post some pics of the A. ulrichea after the molt. I'm wondering if that is an old name or if you got some very rare Avic. I'll keep an eye out for the pics:)

kefin

Arachnopeon
Originally posted by Cyprinus01
And did you see that female Theraphosa blondi? What a monster !
I really wanted to buy that one, only my mother would not appreciate it too much, she would not sleep a second with such a monster next @ her house (wait when I get my own house ;P)!
jep i also saw that T. blondi for 60 euro.. i wanted too buy it but it whas already gone when i went back too them.. hmz too bad.. more luck next time :) it was a big one

Kefin