Just got back from the reptile show...

crlovel

Arachnopeon
What did I get?

30 breeders for my dubia colony.

20 B. peruvians for a new colony.

A big dish full of isopods for the B. peruvian colony, since it will have dirt and a big sycamore log in it.

A big sycamore log.

An H. vonwirthi female

An H. longpipes.

A P. Fasciata.

A C. andersoni.

A second A. chalcodes, the New River edition.

Three B. vagans slings.

A B. albo sling.

New enclosures. I swear I keep Sterilite in business.

Pics in a bit!

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Great plunder! Quite the score, good job. Although, I have to say...

A big dish full of isopods for the B. peruvian colony, since it will have dirt and a big sycamore log in it.

A big sycamore log.
This made me giggle like a schoolgirl.

crlovel

Arachnopeon
So I've been into Ts since February. New World, Old World, Pokies, baboons, pet rocks. I've not ever had an issue housing, rehousing, feeding, whatever.

I'm rehoming the vonwirthi into her new enclose, a nice TALL Sterilite container with a good ten inches of dirt in it. Perfect for her. She'll be happy. She can dig and be a hole and never be seen again. Whatever.

I'm being CAREFUL, because I've heard the stories, seen videos, vonwirthis are jerks. Sure. So are pokies, so are baboons. Never an issue. And she was being SO CALM in her container.

I carefully set the small container she's in into the Sterilite dirt box, gently open the container she's in, all around the top, leaving it on, and I have the Sterilite container lid in my other hand, ready to slide into place. Now, for some reason, still not sure why, she turns in the container, FACING ME, whereas before, she was facing away from me. Now she's facing me. So carefully, I turn the container she's in onto its side - AWAY from me. She has to go forward, under where the Sterilite lid is already in place. I'm fine. And then I slip the lid off and all I see is a brown blur and I have the Sterilite lid in place, I moved it FAST, and I heard the THUMP! as she hit that damn lid, not away from me, but AT me.

I was impressed, she's going to be fun.

I now have nearly 60 tarantulas, two different isopod cultures, and three roach colonies.

Hellblazer

Arachnosquire
So I've been into Ts since February. New World, Old World, Pokies, baboons, pet rocks. I've not ever had an issue housing, rehousing, feeding, whatever.

I'm rehoming the vonwirthi into her new enclose, a nice TALL Sterilite container with a good ten inches of dirt in it. Perfect for her. She'll be happy. She can dig and be a hole and never be seen again. Whatever.

I'm being CAREFUL, because I've heard the stories, seen videos, vonwirthis are jerks. Sure. So are pokies, so are baboons. Never an issue. And she was being SO CALM in her container.

I carefully set the small container she's in into the Sterilite dirt box, gently open the container she's in, all around the top, leaving it on, and I have the Sterilite container lid in my other hand, ready to slide into place. Now, for some reason, still not sure why, she turns in the container, FACING ME, whereas before, she was facing away from me. Now she's facing me. So carefully, I turn the container she's in onto its side - AWAY from me. She has to go forward, under where the Sterilite lid is already in place. I'm fine. And then I slip the lid off and all I see is a brown blur and I have the Sterilite lid in place, I moved it FAST, and I heard the THUMP! as she hit that damn lid, not away from me, but AT me.

I was impressed, she's going to be fun.

I now have nearly 60 tarantulas, two different isopod cultures, and three roach colonies.
Rehousing my vonwirthi is always an adventure. The good news is that once they burrow to the bottom of that Sterilite container they're easy to deal with. I really only ever see mine at night. Just stay cautious, they can shoot out of their hole quick if they want to.

crlovel

Arachnopeon
Rehousing my vonwirthi is always an adventure. The good news is that once they burrow to the bottom of that Sterilite container they're easy to deal with. I really only ever see mine at night. Just stay cautious, they can shoot out of their hole quick if they want to.
So I heard, and that's why I provided a DEEP container. She's already digging. She's been in there for an hour or so and she's digging away.

Toxoderidae

Arachnoprince
My
So I heard, and that's why I provided a DEEP container. She's already digging. She's been in there for an hour or so and she's digging away.
Vonwirthi has dug and dug. She doesnt come out except to eat and scream at me. She flies out at mach speed, sometimes launching onto the edge of the enclosure to say "get out" in a polite manner.

crlovel

Arachnopeon

Psychocircus91

Arachnosquire
Hamburg? If so, I probably crossed your path. I got a big female p regalis.

Nice pickups!

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
Isopods, aka, Cup of Dirt:

B. peruvian colony, and Log!

B. peruvians!

My now shy H. vonwirthi:

A. chalcodes, New River edition - very chill:

H. longpipes:

Oh wow. Drooling over that A. chalcoldes New River.

crlovel

Arachnopeon
Oh wow. Drooling over that A. chalcoldes New River.
She is a sweetheart. I am not one for handling my Ts, but she in my hand for a bit at the show, and for a few while rehoming her. As calm as can be, not a hair flicked, no fear. Just calm and relaxed.

Haksilence

Bad At Titles
Arachnosupporter
Yep, Hamburg. I was hanging with @jiacovazzi i who had a table there until around 11:30, when I split.
How funny, I probably bumped into you, I was there about that time, had to pick up a b. Albo female from Joe. I also picked up one of those dirt cheap giant calceatums the WC venders had for dirt cheap. That's all for my haul though, cash is tight nowadays so I had to have SOME self control, but I couldn't pass a 6" 0.1 S. Calceatum for 30$

crlovel

Arachnopeon
How funny, I probably bumped into you, I was there about that time, had to pick up a b. Albo female from Joe. I also picked up one of those dirt cheap giant calceatums the WC venders had for dirt cheap. That's all for my haul though, cash is tight nowadays so I had to have SOME self control, but I couldn't pass a 6" 0.1 S. Calceatum for 30$
You were the one who bought the big female he had sitting behind the sling bin? We probably just missed each other.

My calceatum came from the WC vendors, too, a few shows ago. Big female. So did my H. macs and a few others. So far, no unexpected surprises.

Another Joe at Hamburg always has good prices. My P. fasciata juvenile was 30, the adult H. longpipes 20.

Haksilence

Bad At Titles
Arachnosupporter
You were the one who bought the big female he had sitting behind the sling bin? We probably just missed each other.

My calceatum came from the WC vendors, too, a few shows ago. Big female. So did my H. macs and a few others. So far, no unexpected surprises.

Another Joe at Hamburg always has good prices. My P. fasciata juvenile was 30, the adult H. longpipes 20.
Yeah the one behind the bin was the one he was holding for me haha.