Just got a Hadogenes paucidens

TheImperator

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I just got a Hadogenes paucidens yesterday from a local pet store. I believe it is a male due to all the research I have done on this species but I want to make sure, so I'll post a pictures of the guy later.

He is currently being kept in a 5 gallon tank that came with a glass lid. The substrate is riverbed sand mixed with a small ammount of aquarium rocks and stacked slate rocks for shelter. A bottle cap full of water has been placed and a small ZooMed heat pad has been stuck on the backside of the aquarium. Is this ok? I'll post pics of the enclosure later as well.

Anyway, I just wanted to make sure if my set up is ok for the scorp. Also, if any of you got any Hadogenes paucidens and have pics of their enclosures, please do post them here, I want to see a few examples of what it should look like. Thanks.

Last edited:

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I dont know about the substrate myself.. but I would guess that the rock formations are to its liking.. also from what I have read I would say it is a definate male as well..

Dom

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Looks like a male. I've got a few and they like it pretty hot if you want them to eat well, high 80's-90's. They have a reputation for eating sporadically, once a month or so. Mine are taking frozen/thawed adult dubias which is a good way to get a sizable meal into them.

JSN

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
nice, I'll have to pick one of these up someday, I've never gotten around to getting one...

Jason

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
looks like my male H trog.... maybe i got lucky and got a H pac instead...