Just got 2 new t's

sarahloveshantzel

Arachnopeon
After serious deliberation, i decided not to go with an obt after all. Ive ordered a 1 inch poecilotheria stratia...and a brachelpelma vagan 3/4 inch. Im very excited..they will be here in 2 days!!!!

Rittdk01

Arachnoknight
Yeah I wouldn’t go with an Obt. Be careful with the pokie.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
You're that lady that wanted an obt for a second T if I remember correctly.

A pokie is a slightly better choice..

Hiruma26

Arachnopeon
That feeling when you know a new T is coming to you, but it's just not today. The excitement, feels like watching a 10 ft. candle, 12 inches thick, burns with 1/2 inch wick. LOL

efmp1987

Arachnoknight
That feeling when you know a new T is coming to you, but it's just not today. The excitement, feels like watching a 10 ft. candle, 12 inches thick, burns with 1/2 inch wick. LOL

I know how that feels. The suspense is unbearable. I like picking things up now, provides relief in as little as 1 hour LOL.

Hiruma26

Arachnopeon
Yep, that's what i feel now to be honest! I have to pick up a pair of sub adult Orphnaecus Philippinus at an expo 2 weeks from now! 2 WEEKS!! I should've just paid the shipping fees. I found myself staring at their enclosures to be last night...HAHA

sarahloveshantzel

Arachnopeon
I probably would stare at their enclosures too, but they're coming with them. I read somewhere that the poecilotheria striata would crawl up tongs really fast. And not to use them. What should i use ? Im not planning on trying to handle this 1 lol

clive 82

Arachnoknight
I probably would stare at their enclosures too, but they're coming with them. I read somewhere that the poecilotheria striata would crawl up tongs really fast. And not to use them. What should i use ? Im not planning on trying to handle this 1 lol
Really!?

Hiruma26

Arachnopeon
For some reason, i can't find my long tongs at home last night. I'm picking up leftover food (cricket legs/un-eaten mealworm) with a pair of wooden chopsticks last night, I'm not even joking...

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Should probably know how to do maintenance on it before acquiring it..

Just use tongs, try not to touch the spider. Any arboreal can bolt up tongs.

MetalMan2004

Arachnodemon
I’d say use bigger tongs and be really careful. People aren’t kidding when they say pokies teleport.

sarahloveshantzel

Arachnopeon
Should probably know how to do maintenance on it before acquiring it......geeze. Another condescending thing from you! Is it possible to give advice without acting like a jerk. Yes. I read all about the "maintenance" i simply asked if there was something people use besides tongs. Please keep your negativity out of my lane. Thank you

Just use tongs, try not to touch the spider. Any arboreal can bolt up tongs.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Uh huh. Well, that's just my opinion/method on telling when keepers should be good with an ow species. When they have no more basic questions.

You got your answer regardless.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
These aren't mindless questions. Infact i do believe it was an opinion. Have a great day KING
Never said it was. Questions make the world go round.

It's an opinion to use tongs for maintenance? I wasn't aware there were other options.

You like that huh, wait till im "arachnogod." ;) You have a good one too.

sarahloveshantzel

Arachnopeon
Sure. U see that fellow had to use chop sticks......ive used random things just laying around for my b.albo..

Hiruma26

Arachnopeon
"I read somewhere that the poecilotheria striata would crawl up tongs really fast."

Modify the tong perhaps? like put a hand guard on it like those fencing swords? Nah, a bit too much. I didn't even know arboreals can bolt up tongs, I don't have any arboreals yet. That question of yours taught me something i need to know today! LOL

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Yeah, lemme know how that goes when that stiratas 7"..

Albopilosum are rocks compared to Poecilotheria.