Just got 2 H. Longimanus and considering housing with a emperor

sycjoco

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have a emperor scorpion that is larger then the 2 longimanus scorpions i just got(He was part of a litter from my old scorp. Rip) . Should i just house the two H. Longimanus together and the emperor seperate? I am considering housing these three because i have heard the territorial longimanus will kill the weaker scorpion if there is only 2 in the tank and many breeders advise at least 3 per tank... Need some help :?

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Longimanus + emp + same cage = bad.

Many..many..many threads on this EXACT topic.

Also keep longimanus seperate till adult hood i have had many deaths due to cannibalism.

sycjoco

Arachnosquire
Old Timer

Phone to compare size* They hardly seem like adults and i think my emperor is nearing adulthood.

sycjoco

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Can they be kept in these deli cups until adulthood? or would it be better to remove the imperator from the 10 gallon and try to house them together?

I couldn't leave the store without buying a breeding pair...(other then emperor, successfully got that !! :) ) . Paid 20$ for both of these, but didn't have a chance to sex them at the store because I wasn't sure how.

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i know some people have had success keeping H spins with emps, but like said H longs might be a bit to aggressive for it to work.

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
not such a good choice....to keep them together like above they seem alittle aggressive to put in with emps...

Uroctonus

Arachnopeon
Housing any scorpions together is always risky business, even with species considered communal like P. imperator there is always a chance of scorpions cannabalizing eachother. However, I almost always recommend against mixing species because it seems more likely that they will cannabalize eachother. Not saying it necessarily will happen, but there is a chance of it. If you are going to house them together make sure you give them plenty of areas to hide, plenty of food, and try to get animals as close in size as you can.

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
ive got many many scorpions,and i would never keep them together,unless the are a communial sp.:)