just checking if its ok or not

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hi i got my 5 - C- CRAWSHAYI all 4cm- 5cm in size now can i give them one mini mealworm alive or do i have to kill the mealworms first ? as the babys are very sturdy and look as if they could take the mini mealworms down :eek: --- thanks -- phil

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
They should be fine to take down a small mealworm at that size Phil.

harrypei

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
as long as they attack them fast...i really don't like the worms disappearing in 20 secs as they burrow so fast.

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
as long as they attack them fast...i really don't like the worms disappearing in 20 secs as they burrow so fast.
They'll dig em up in time. Don't worry about borrowing mealies, the T's can sense their vibrations and will get to them when they want to.

Phil Hall

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hi i got my 5 - C- CRAWSHAYI all 4cm- 5cm in size now can i give them one mini mealworm alive or do i have to kill the mealworms first ? as the babys are very sturdy and look as if they could take the mini mealworms down :eek: --- thanks -- phil
At that size they could take a large cricket without breaking sweat.
These grow very slowly and are probably a year old already at 5cm.

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
thanks to all :clap: :clap: :worship: :worship: and i got them yesterday when should i feed them --- :) PHIL

harrypei

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
They'll dig em up in time. Don't worry about borrowing mealies, the T's can sense their vibrations and will get to them when they want to.
ya, but i find it a bit irritating to wait a long time for it to be eaten. i've waited on a few occasions and each time the worm hatched into a beetle. since then i've stopped leaving the worm in there. if it's not eaten a couple times after i dig out the half burrowed ones, it's going back into the container.