Just another way to provide water to slings

14pokies

Arachnoprince
This is a method I have been using for a while now they are tattoo ink cups small or #12 you can get 200 for about $3.00.. They can be used whole or cut in half wich is what I have done for these little Hapalopus sp. large slings.. Heres some pics for reference and what not..
20161003_220534.jpg 20161003_222222.jpg 20161003_221928.jpg

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
That's nice! I have seen this mentioned before but not any pics.
Couldn't you just push it down into the sub more rather than cut it?

14pokies

Arachnoprince
That's nice! I have seen this mentioned before but not any pics.
Couldn't you just push it down into the sub more rather than cut it?
I cut them because they are deeper than they are wide..

Athough highly unlikely I'm afraid the sling would go down to the bottom and not have the grip to get back out.. Alot of Ts when in premolt lose some of there ability to adhere to smooth or wet surfaces and I feel at certain points in there molt cycle deep water dishes can pose a slight danger to them..

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
I cut them because they are deeper than they are wide..

Athough highly unlikely I'm afraid the sling would go down to the bottom and not have the grip to get back out.. Alot of Ts when in premolt lose some of there ability to adhere to smooth or wet surfaces and I feel at certain points in there molt cycle deep water dishes can pose a slight danger to them..
Their tarsal claws should have no problem gripping the plastic even if the foot pad looses the gripping ability. And they float

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
I really need to buy a set of these... Amazon, here I come :D Thanks for the tip!

Unlostlamb

Arachnopeon
I have a question. Is it best that the water dish be straight up on the sides? I am using a metal gallon jug lid for my little one who is about 1.5" dls. My question is, is it OK to use a watering dish that curves in slightly at the top? Screenshot_20161004-094003.png

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
I have a question. Is it best that the water dish be straight up on the sides? I am using a metal gallon jug lid for my little one who is about 1.5" dls. My question is, is it OK to use a watering dish that curves in slightly at the top? View attachment 221800
for a sling/juvenile that size it wont matter, but ditch the metal and use plastic. The metal will rust quickly

louise f

Arachnoangel
@14pokies That is a very great idea for dwarf species. I like it + one of my friends makes tattoos.
So it makes it even easier to get them. Nice friend thanks for the tip <3 ;)

Jeff23

Arachnolord
Great Idea! I think Amazon also has my name on a package of these too.

clive 82

Arachnoknight
Thanks! It's not often that I come up with good ideas so when I do I share them :rofl:
Hi guys I buy the pipettes you can buy for watering slings, they only cost pennies, cut the rounded end off & you have a little water bowl.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Hi guys I buy the pipettes you can buy for watering slings, they only cost pennies, cut the rounded end off & you have a little water bowl.
Yup that works too.. However I'm not a chemist so I was fresh out:p

I just used what I had laying around and I'm always ordering ink cups anyways so it's what I use.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
This is a method I have been using for a while now they are tattoo ink cups small or #12 you can get 200 for about $3.00.. They can be used whole or cut in half wich is what I have done for these little Hapalopus sp. large slings.. Heres some pics for reference and what not..
View attachment 221770 View attachment 221772 View attachment 221773

These are great!!!

Would you link me to a reputable site that has these? I googled these up with varying prices, and sites I'm not familiar with. I wasn't sure if the price on amazon was good. etc.