Just a strange thing

Felix 2000

Arachnopeon
I did my feeding today systematic as always. And I will never know how Walter, my juvenile male B. vagans got into my female juvenile G. pulchra enclosure; obviously a major screwup on my part and it happened in an instant. But they were sitting there together on top of her ceramic pot chillin together after I frantically swept my whole office looking for him. Go figure that! I'm usually super careful and I know this could have been a major disaster but I obviously had two enclosures open at once and he was quick.

When I snapped the top to get a pic she jumped down but they were happy as could be together. A little light hearted happy story in these not so happy times. Yes, I know it could have been very bad but it wasn't. Best thing that happened today.

Just wanted to share a happy story. I know it's very very very bad husbandry. I just really wish I could have gotten the pic.

Attachments

KaroKoenig

Arachnobaron
I guess some teenagers are just trying to live it up, trying to experiment with some kinky stuff. Look at my subadult C. cyaneopubescens girl drumming at a locust that wiggled at the other side of her web tunnel. Later, there was some gentle petting, but no third base. No eating either...:

Felix 2000

Arachnopeon
LOL I wish I had a pic... they looked like they were sitting there watching a movie, snuggled up next to each other. It was really cool. Who knows what they're thinking.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Those are large Ts. Surely both lids were left off, right.... Or do you think one walked through plastic walls? ;)

Last edited:

Felix 2000

Arachnopeon
And the G. pulchra hobby form was born...
Those are large Ts. Surely both lids were left off, right.... Or do you think one walked through plastic walls? ;)
Of course, both lids were off for a time. I know I'm very lucky... I'm doing some dumb things lately and I have to slow down and be mindful. But seriously, they were both sitting there snuggled up together like best pals even though I really know appearances can be deceiving. I dodged a bullet, er Walter did. I'm thankful for that.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Of course, both lids were off for a time. I know I'm very lucky... I'm doing some dumb things lately and I have to slow down and be mindful. But seriously, they were both sitting there snuggled up together like best pals even though I really know appearances can be deceiving. I dodged a bullet, er Walter did. I'm thankful for that.
Well it wasn't so obvious when you posted :rofl:

And I will never know how Walter, my juvenile male B. vagans got into my female juvenile G. pulchra enclosure

Felix 2000

Arachnopeon
It could have ended up the other way with the G. Pulchra getting killed just as easily as the other way.
Yep, Walter’s a good bit bigger but they’re both so docile sometimes I wonder if they’re breathing.

Well it wasn't so obvious when you posted :rofl:
Resubmit as I don’t know how he did it so fast. The dude never moves... he flew in there.

Last edited by a moderator: