Just a status update if anyone cares..felt like posting

Jobe

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Okay, just felt like posting an update on my little Ts...

First H.Albostriatum (i think) see thread : http://arachnopets.com/arachnoboards/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2916
One is rather shy and spends all her time in her hole, but the 2nd one in the laterite substrate is doing fine. Doesnt go for burrowing at all, taking short trips to her tube for shelter occasionally.

H.Lividum is also not burrowing but hides in her little soy sauce jar. She finally decided to come out this time and i managed to see her eating a cricket in all her glory...really like this spider :)

The C.Crawshayi has FINALLY shown some sign of its life by moving some dirt and leaving a tiny 0.5cm hole which i could view its legs by...hasnt eaten anything in awhile now tho :(

My showpiece, the ever brutal C.Huahini just mutilates every cric i give her daily :D. She recently laid some eggs but left it partway in the water dish and i dont think that ones going anywhere...

Well, thats all five for now...im done here:D

If anyone actually bothered reading this, thanks!;)

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
of course we did ;)
isn't it fun to get new slings, and see how their personality develops?
Even the tiny ones are all different from each other.
Right now I have so many spiders, it's hard to keep track of what they are all doing at any given time ;)

Jobe

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
:D thanx Holley

I now have a grand total of 5...sigh...the limitations for this hobby here is an extremely big barrier to cross...really need to get more ppl involved...

Im still the only person in my whole country now for all i know thats seriously taking up this hobby...

I just heard of some being sold in the hip-hop capital state of my country, but mostly bought by the wannabees to impress chicks...my cousin from there just told me about it...they apparently keep H.Lividums in glass mini aquariums with little/no substrate so they can be "showed off" to friends...as is how it was shown to my cousin...i can only imagine the stress levels of those poor creatures... :mad: ...

Bob

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Jobe,
Do you collect leaf insects? I had a bunch of Phyllium Giganteum from Malaysia a few years ago. My freind who lives their lost interest now I can not get any. I would LOVE to get the eggs!!!

Bob

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Jobe!
Shame on you! Of course I care..:) I'd go nuts, not being able to have very many t's. Can your cousin, perhaps get you some more? Geez, I'd send 'em down to you, if it would get through customs..

Peace,
Gillian

Jobe

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Originally posted by Bob
Jobe,
Do you collect leaf insects? I had a bunch of Phyllium Giganteum from Malaysia a few years ago. My freind who lives their lost interest now I can not get any. I would LOVE to get the eggs!!!

Bob
Wow, yeah...those are extremely beautiful insects Bob, but out of curiosity, how did your friend who lived here ship you those specimens? I would really like to know as i would like to do the same and customs here really get tight arsed about this :mad:

Thanks GIllian :D
I will be making a trip to the capital state to see how many Ts i can afford to rescue from ignorant ppl there (and increase my collection at the same time ;))...unfortunately, I have not seen anything beyond H.Lividums, H.Albostriatum and C.Huahini sold here as these seem to be the only ones cought for sale......sad be jobe...