Just a question, but...

veronyka

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I am still kinda new to usumbaras.. and I am wondering if it's possible mine could have been gravid when I got her? When I got her in October, she made herself a little bed at the top of the cage, and now for the last month or so, she hasn't come down at all, and upon taking a close look today, her web seems to be full of something, I don't know if it's just a thick ball of webbing, or what, but maybe it could be an eggsac? I mean, no matter what, even when I pick up her cage and move it, she won't come down for anything, and she never moves from that part of the webbing. Since I know nothing of the incubation period, maybe I'm just being silly, or maybe she's just gonna molt soon. Any ideas?

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
Usambaras make their eggsacs in their webbing, and sometimes it's hard to tell it from the actual webbing as well, so it's certainly possible!
Both my females refused food while tending to their eggsacs, so it is a distinct possibility that she has one!
If you determine that she does, I can give you timelines and info if you PM or email me. I now have an eggsac of slings just starting to molt into 2nd instar
Holley

veronyka

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
How long do you think it would take before I can tell?