Jumping spiders

AmyC13

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone, I am new to keeping jumping spiders, just brought two and arrived 3 days ago. One has made a nest and has been out once. The other was out and then has made a nest in cork bark at the back and i havent seen it at all. Not sure if they are molting or whether it just takes time for them to adjust to a new environment?

Metal Webber

Arachnopeon
they do need time to adjust but some just prefer there house. the chance there both molting at the same time is unlikely. Have they eaten yet? And what kinds do you have?

AmyC13

Arachnopeon
Thank you for replying. It is very unlikely. One has popped its head out a few times and then goes back to hiding, the other I cant see as its hidden at the back. Both are P. regius. Not eatten yet. I didnt want to put food in there incase they decided to molt and they arent coming out, so assumed they wouldnt hunt. Have a light on them during the day. I believe I have the right humidity and temperatures, depends on which website you look at but this ranges between 50-80 humidity and temps around 24-27 degrees. Just worried i am doing something wrong and dont know what to expect/look out for. I think i just have to keep being patient.

coolnweird

Arachnobaron
How are you maintaining those temps? From my understanding room temp is perfectly fine for them. Try not to worry too much about chasing humidity numbers, just keep the soil damp but not soaking wet. Most likely they're just settling in to their new enclosures!

AmyC13

Arachnopeon
Thank you for the reply. Probably not the best way, but I have to use a heat mat with a thermostat. I live in the uk and sadly its gets pretty cold here.
One came out today, had a drink of water and almost made like a nest and sat in the light most of the day. Offered food, but didnt take. Still havent seen the other one.

coolnweird

Arachnobaron
Thank you for the reply. Probably not the best way, but I have to use a heat mat with a thermostat. I live in the uk and sadly its gets pretty cold here.
One came out today, had a drink of water and almost made like a nest and sat in the light most of the day. Offered food, but didnt take. Still havent seen the other one.
Understandable, as long as the mat is thermostat controlled and placed on the side of the enclosure and not the bottom, you should be alright!

AmyC13

Arachnopeon
Sure is on the side. Not come out today sadly and still not seen the other. Fingers crossed!