Jumping spiders

1Lord Of Ants1

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Where in central Florida can you find them? I've looked everywhere in my neiborhood, with no such luck. Green magnolia jumpers are the only ones, but those are tiny. 10mm+ is what I'm after. Does anyone have some for sale...possibly?

Silberrücken

Arachnoangel
Where in Orlando are you? Orlando is my hometown (pretty much my 'back yard', LOL)-I can tell you where to look if I know your general area. I also have some Phidippus regius slings that will be ready to go in about a week or so, if you're interested. The mother is an Orange Morph.

S.

1Lord Of Ants1

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sounds nice. I live just a little north of Orlando, in Longwood. The Wekiva area if you know where that is.

Silberrücken

Arachnoangel
Longwood/Wekiva is a little more North than I'm familiar with, but Wekiva Springs State Park should be near you. I've never been there and I don't know if one would be allowed to catch anything there.
I find all my regius Jumpers in pine woods/scrubland (Ocala National Forest). In cold weather such as we're having now, I don't look for them (harder to find). I have friends who live right in the forest, and if I need some for new stock, I go there. Also I have permission to access a few hundred acres around this area.
Right now I have only one male left for breeding the females, so a visit soon is a must. I may pick up a few more females as well. :D
Depending on the weather this week, I may go on a little hunt-I want to find some Wolf spiders too.
Any wooded area should have some Jumpers. You could even ask some friends if you can look on their houses for some. They love the sunny areas. :)
Good luck with your searching!

PS-if you find a Phidippus otiosus (Canopy Jumper), I will be sooooooo jealous!!!! :drool: LOL! {D

ohhhh... you could look for Todd Gearheart's site, he maybe has some Jumpers available, and he is here in Florida! :clap: It's worth a look. S.