Jumping spider wont climb wall of container

Wolfspidurguy

Arachnobaron
This has happened with 3 out of the 4 jumping spiders I've kept. I'll bring it inside and put it in a container to see if it can climb the side of the container. And it absolutely refuses to climb the side of the container. They get depressed if they can't do this and it's killed 3 of the 4 jumping spiders I've kept. I'm getting mad at this point Cuz I love these little guys. Someone plz help

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Just a couple of aspects to consider. Some glass is treated, coated with a polymer that makes it super slick. Glass is also hard on the eyes. Between the reflection and translucence, jumpers rely heavily on eyesight for spatial awareness that could be interfered with on those surfaces.

basin79

ArachnoGod
This has happened with 3 out of the 4 jumping spiders I've kept. I'll bring it inside and put it in a container to see if it can climb the side of the container. And it absolutely refuses to climb the side of the container. They get depressed if they can't do this and it's killed 3 of the 4 jumping spiders I've kept. I'm getting mad at this point Cuz I love these little guys. Someone plz help
Can't help but if you love them so much perhaps stop collecting them as you know they'll die.

Wolfspidurguy

Arachnobaron
It doesn't matter what kind of container I keep them in glass or plastic. But I got lucky and found a "not broken" one. Meaning it can climb the side of the container

RTTB

Arachnoprince
It doesn't seem you have much luck with the Jumping Spiders in captivity.

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
I never had this problem before. What's the ventilation like? Post a picture if you can.

Ghost56

Arachnobaron
Sounds to me like they were possibly exposed to pesticides or chemicals. I had a jumper die from pesticides, it was unable to climb. Eventually it was unable to even control itself and of course died.

The wolf

Arachnolord
I seem to remember reading somewhere that as jumping spiders get old their grip decreases and they become incapable of climbing glass and plastic and fall of objects more due to stiff muscles this happens before they finish their short lives this could all be wrong.

Wolfspidurguy

Arachnobaron
I seem to remember reading somewhere that as jumping spiders get old their grip decreases and they become incapable of climbing glass and plastic and fall of objects more due to stiff muscles this happens before they finish their short lives this could all be wrong.
Wow that makes sense

Socfroggy

Arachnoknight
A pic of the enclosure and description of the ventilation you offer it may help quite a bit.