Jumping spider venom

Ewok

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Jumping spiders have weak venom don't they? If one was to bite a person it would not affect them at all would it? I am not able to have tarantulas or scorpions where i live, but i thought maybe of getting a few jumpers. I had a P. ardens before, she was cool, besides tarantulas, jumpers are my favorite spiders.

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
Well to be honest, many jumpers can't bite humans. (well, I mean... uh, hmm...)

Anyway, no, the jumpers you'll find here in America aren't dangerous.

-Sean

Venom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I think the bigger question here is, why are you living in a place where you can't get T's and scorps? lol :? :eek:

Ewok

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
the land lord wasn't keen on them, so I had to get rid of them, that was awhile ago though, someday i'll get more. He was worried about them getting out and scaring or biting someone. if a jumper got loose I don't think anyone would notice it lol:p

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I've never heard a jumper referred to as 'hot' so it's safe to assume that jumpers aren't hot.

GartenSpinnen

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
They CAN bite. I got bit by a large jumper not to long ago. Someone at work thought it was funny to spray black spray paint all over it. I felt bad for it, so i picked it up and the poor thing was obviously in a very defensive proposition! Who could blame it? But ya, it gave me a little bite, which was more like a pinch than anything but was definately felt. They can bite suprisingly hard for there small sizes ill say that much. As far as venom, absolutely no effect.

xgrafcorex

Thread Killer
Old Timer
i've heard/read that they will readily bite...but i've never read or heard of the slightest hint as to their venom being dangerous to humans.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
none of the species i have ever played with were all that inclined to bite (Southern California species)

i have read that various US species are supposed to have an unpleasant bite... but i have also noticed a trend that any sort of noteworthy spiders are typically said to have some kind of unpleasant bite... so dunno

ragnew

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Someone at work thought it was funny to spray black spray paint all over it. I felt bad for it, so i picked it up and the poor thing was obviously in a very defensive proposition! Who could blame it?
Man, see it's stuff like that that really piss me off. If I had a co-worker that did that it'd be very hard to not return the favor.