Jumping Spider ripped of her legs?

Jeiloh

Arachnopeon
You should do that, watch her carefully and keep me posted if anything happens. Watch to see if she tries to move or just sits exactly where you set her in, don’t rush her though
She just tried to move. A few seconds after being put inside. But just to turn a few degrees.
I need to go to bed soon.. Should I rather stay awake a little longer and keep updating?

Lucky123

Arachnobaron
No you don’t need to, you’ve done pretty much all you can, just check when you wake up. And hope for the best.

Jeiloh

Arachnopeon
I'm so stressed out right now over that somehow, that I can't seem to think for myself. I'm so so sorry.

She moved again!

I left a dead fruitfly right beside her, maybe she takes it. I'm just a little concerned how/if she's going to drink while being inside, instead of being in the cup.

Last edited:

Lucky123

Arachnobaron
Lightly mist the ground around her so she can suck from it if she need, and try not to worry, you’ve done what you can and whatever happens try to learn from it.

Jeiloh

Arachnopeon
She is still moving a little when I get close to her, but she didn't really move away from the place I left her in.
She only got like 1cm far. And didn't try to make a nest. She's also not trying to take water from a q-tip I offered right now and I'm not sure if the fly looks eaten or not.
It's a little smaller than before, but it's now also dead for 10 hours, so it maybe just shrank or something like that.

She also turns and moves a little when I'm not there, so not only out of fear I guess?

Last edited:

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
She tried to right herself a little bit, but almost immediately gave up. :/
Should I turn her over again? I think she drank a little, but I'm not totally sure.

And thanks so much for the help so far. I have the feelings she's not going to make it.. But I feel a little bit better for atleast trying.

Where should definitely not go any water on her? At the beginning of her abdomen, or are the booklungs somewhere by her feet? Can't really tell from google.

She's moving a little more after drinking! Though "a little more" is still barely nothing...
Book lungs are on abdomen ventrally, jeeez :rolleyes: :banghead:

Lucky123

Arachnobaron
She is still moving a little when I get close to her, but she didn't really move away from the place I left her in.
She only got like 1cm far. And didn't try to make a nest. She's also not trying to take water from a q-tip I offered right now and I'm not sure if the fly looks eaten or not.
It's a little smaller than before, but it's now also dead for 10 hours, so it maybe just shrank or something like that.

She also turns and moves a little when I'm not there, so not only out of fear I guess?
Yeah :( I don’t think there’s anything else that can be done, maybe someone else has an idea but it looks like you’re just gonna have to wait and see, make sure she has easy access to a drink (no standing water)it doesn’t look very good because she’ll have to molt again to regrow her legs and until then she will have a very hard time getting around, just hope that she can somehow get through it.

Jeiloh

Arachnopeon
Yeah :( I don’t think there’s anything else that can be done, maybe someone else has an idea but it looks like you’re just gonna have to wait and see, make sure she has easy access to a drink (no standing water)it doesn’t look very good because she’ll have to molt again to regrow her legs and until then she will have a very hard time getting around, just hope that she can somehow get through it.
Yeah, I'll just wait. She atleast doesn't seem to be worse than yesterday and her abdomen is not tiny, so molting is maybe possible.. Gotta hope for it.

Lucky123

Arachnobaron
Yeah, I'll just wait. She atleast doesn't seem to be worse than yesterday and her abdomen is not tiny, so molting is maybe possible.. Gotta hope for it.
Just wondering since its been a few days, did she make it?

Jeiloh

Arachnopeon
This morning she went straight to the damp paper towel piece I put in and drank, but a little later totally ignored the fly I was holding in front of her. A dead one and one that was still moving a little.

Until now she also hasn't touched the new dead fly I put in, but actually moved further away from it, when I looked again right now.
Just wondering since its been a few days, did she make it?
No, I don't think so...
Yesterday she was actually doing kind of good. Walking from one damp spot to drink to another and even took a bite from an almost dead fly. She followed it a few mm and grabbed it.
She was definitely wanting it, as she got excited, looked at it and came closer, when I only had the fly in my tweezers a good distance away from her. (To check if she was interested)
She then chomped on it and moved a little further in the evening.

But this morning she was already not reacting a lot to me misting, and for the past 4 hours or so she's been completely unresponsive and a little curled. :/

I will definately wait a little longer, maybe she's just tired.. But I don't think so.

I really don't know what went wrong.
If I'll ever get another one, I'll make sure to feed it more (though I don't think that was the issue... But it could be), and make sure it doesn't jump against walls...?
Maybe it was also something from outside, as she's kind of close to a window, or.. I don't know.

Lucky123

Arachnobaron
If I'll ever get another one, I'll make sure to feed it more (though I don't think that was the issue... But it could be), and make sure it doesn't jump against walls...?
Maybe just use a bigger enclosure, I don't know how big yours currently is. If she is curled you should try and flip her over and place a drop of water on her fangs, don't force it if it doesn't work, I've tried this a few times and sadly it was too late, if she is not fully curled yet and has been somewhat able to move, try placing a dead fruit fly right in front of her and just leave it there to see if she takes it.