Jumping spider pedipalps bloated?

Nephaleim

Arachnosquire
What's going on?
Some of you would've recognized this girl because I couple of weeks ago I posted her pictures here as a 'fat-ass spider'.
There is something very peculiar I noticed yesterday. Take a look at her pedips before and after:
IMG-20200321-WA0010.jpg
And now:
20200709_112824.jpg

It looks like they are bloated and filled with water. Like water balloons.
Anyone know what's going on?She did molt recently so maybe that would help somehow, though I didn't notice anything wrong with her after she did. I didn't observe her much either.
My sister says that maybe she is actually a male spider, but I don't think that is the case. I've identified the species as Marpissa muscosa.

Lucky123

Arachnobaron
No it is a male, it just molted into maturity, mature males have bulbous pedipalps, as long as it is acting fine there shouldn’t be a problem.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
It looks like they are bloated and filled with water. Like water balloons.
Anyone know what's going on?
That is a penultimate (one molt before maturity) male. At that stage, the palps are large and translucent, lacking the sclerotized definition seen in mature males.

Nephaleim

Arachnosquire
That is a penultimate (one molt before maturity) male. At that stage, the palps are large and translucent, lacking the sclerotized definition seen in mature males.
That's pretty cool I didn't know that.