Jumping spider (P. Audax, 6 mo) won't eat and is just sitting

deadmothh

Arachnopeon
Hey! I'm new :)
New jumping spider owner, got her from a local exotic pets store. My spider's about 6 months old according to the store and they've been feeding them crickets. Not positive on the sex, but I'm gonna refer to her as "she".

Got her on friday, and she had a very small cricket in her lil deli cup, so I gave it to her in her new enclosure. Didn't find it again, thought she ate it. Attempted to give her another cricket yesterday afternoon, and she jumped at it and caught it and just sorta held it for a long time. Left to do something, came back, cricket gone. Little weird, right?

Saw something poking out of the moss; it was the cricket. Still alive, barely, and very uneaten. underneath that cricket, in the same hole, was the first cricket, very very dead, and decomposing slightly, but also uneaten.

Swapped out the moss because apparently it's a good cricket home. Spider just kinda crawled down the side of her enclosure and sat on the new paper towel. Figured she was just checking it out, went to bed.

This morning, she's still on the ground. No hammock, just chillin. She looks at me and walks in a little circle, I figure she's fine and head to class. I come back at 2; she's in the same spot. Just sorta, moving in circles. Head back out to a different class, come back at 6; she's..... still there.

So I guess this is two questions: one, what is up, and two, can I help? How do I get her to eat? What's going on?

HDA1989

Arachnopeon
Try feeding it something else.

Jumping spiders are easy to please, just place sticks for them to jump on and leaves for them to hide under. Give them a high hiding spot. And then let them live.

I caught one the other day and spend about 15$ and it’s happy.

11$ for flightless fruit flies.
2$ for a plastic deli cup.
2$ for tongs.
sticks were free.
Leaves were free.

BenLeeKing

Arachnoknight
Some times spiders seem to lose apatite when they are thirsty, have you been providing it water?
I would also say also try lightly spraying some water droplets on the sides of the container or add a drop in front of it to see if it will drink.

HDA1989

Arachnopeon
I wouldn’t spray the sides if your spider is small, they can drown. What I do is wet a small piece of rolled tissue paper and place it in the enclosure. That along with live food should be enough for jumping spiders for both sustenance and hydration.