Jumping Spider Not Moving (even with a nudge)

Gary00

Arachnopeon
Hello All,

I am new to spider ownership and a week ago I got a regal jumping spider (3i). When we opened the box, he was on his back and thought he was dead but he immediately sprung to his feet when we shook the container around a bit (not sure if he was trying to molt as he was getting shipped). The first few days he ate like a champ and then he suddenly stopped and became sluggish. After no having eaten in 5 days now, I woke up to find him curled up in his nest- death curl style. I figured he might be molting but just to make sure he wasnt a goner, I poked him and he didn't move at all. Is he dead?!

:bigtears:

Attachments

CRX

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Usually when they molt, they they make a hammock to molt inside of. I don't see any the in the pic. Nevertheless, it's never a good idea to poke your spiders if you think they may be molting or dying..

edit: I do kind of see a hammock. Maybe it was really molting. I recently had 2 female P audax I caught molt both within a week of their new enclosures. I think it may be a thing, but I'm not sure how it works.