Jumping spider not making hammock

eddyknievel

Arachnopeon
Ok so im new to keeping jumping spiders and recently purchased to p. Regius spiders. One male and one female when they first arrived there was no problem both made hammocks and started to settle in.

During the first feeding a cricket jumped into the females hammock and the spider back away but her hammock couldnt be saved, the cricket is definitely the right size but she hasn't made a hammock since just a little bit of weebing to hang out on the top of her enclosure.

My question is could this be something to worry about and she hasnt eaten since its now nearly 4 days since ate last and ive even put a fly in her enclosure now with no luck.

As its winter its quite cold and I constantly have heating on to keep whwre there kept warm im also going to get a basking bulb to help with sun light to hopefully increase their activity for hunting and general happiness.

Any help would be massively ap

Poonjab

Arachnoking
Nothing to worry about. All sounds like normal spider behavior. If you really want to stress yourself out, get a tarantula. Wait for it to burrow it’s self off and go months on end without eating. Also.. try feeding once a week. Sounds like you’re trying to feed it too often. Also... no basking light. You’ll cook your spider.

eddyknievel

Arachnopeon
Nothing to worry about. All sounds like normal spider behavior. If you really want to stress yourself out, get a tarantula. Wait for it to burrow it’s self off and go months on end without eating. Also.. try feeding once a week. Sounds like you’re trying to feed it too often.
Cool thank you very much for the advice, just a nervous new owner

Poonjab

Arachnoking
I’ve kept jumping spiders that I’ve caught around the house. Just make sure you’re giving it enough room, cuz they love to roam. I have one I’m currently allowing to free roam my study room. I feed it small fruit flies once a week.

Jadestone

Arachnosquire
Regals will often go for a week or two without food. Most often before laying an egg sac or molting. A basking bulb shouldn't be necessary, but if they don't get much sunlight, a low-heat emitting UV daylight will work. What temps do you usually keep their room at?

eddyknievel

Arachnopeon
Regals will often go for a week or two without food. Most often before laying an egg sac or molting. A basking bulb shouldn't be necessary, but if they don't get much sunlight, a low-heat emitting UV daylight will work. What temps do you usually keep their room at?
I dont currently have a thermometer to keep by them which I will be getting friday, the heating is always on in the house and kept warm my partner feels the could bad. If id guess it would be 20c, their both currently sub adults so was expecting more feeding from them

Jadestone

Arachnosquire
That is a pretty good temperature and raising it wouldn't hurt if you need to.
Stress is another thing that can make them eat less and probably the most likely reason next to molting. The best you can do for that is to not disturb them too much and remove uneaten prey.

BenLeeKing

Arachnoknight
Honestly if you're comfortable they are comfortable.
Also jumping spiders are sometimes trickier to feed if you house them in a large terrarium, cause they sometimes don't accept tong feeding, and if you just release the food it'll just get loose. If you are housing them in a big container you can consider using a deli-cup as a food bowl, and let them especially if you're using meal worms.