Jumping spider no eatting

AmyC13

Arachnopeon
Hi all,

Just over a week ago i brought a couple of jumping spiders. P.regius.
One has just stayed in its nest and come out once and had a drink, the other hid away for a week and has spent the last two days going backwards and fowards at the top of the tank. Yesterday evening it made a nest and stayed in there at night. I have tried putting more plastic plant down the side so it has something to climb and not just the aryclic.
Not sure what i am doing wrong! they are about 1cm, I dont know how many molts they have had as the shop doesnt supply that information. Trying to feed them on fruit flies. Humidity is above 60%, temperature above 24 degrees and above. Its been over a week since they fed, they are showing no interest. Is the food too small?

Eagle555 Jumping spiders

Arachnosquire
Hi all,

Just over a week ago i brought a couple of jumping spiders. P.regius.
One has just stayed in its nest and come out once and had a drink, the other hid away for a week and has spent the last two days going backwards and fowards at the top of the tank. Yesterday evening it made a nest and stayed in there at night. I have tried putting more plastic plant down the side so it has something to climb and not just the aryclic.
Not sure what i am doing wrong! they are about 1cm, I dont know how many molts they have had as the shop doesnt supply that information. Trying to feed them on fruit flies. Humidity is above 60%, temperature above 24 degrees and above. Its been over a week since they fed, they are showing no interest. Is the food too small?
24 degrees Celsius?

fengzi

Arachnopeon
I don't know much about food appropriate for jumping spiders but they may be due for a moult hence the lack of eating?