Jumping Spider ID?

Royalty

Arachnoknight
1593539628412.png looks like it may be a "Tan Jumper" but I am unsure of the exact species plus it has these long yellow pedipalps. I am unsure if that is a species thing or a mature male thing. I nicknamed him"Lightning" since he is SUPER fast (even tho he only has 7 legs haha)

If he is a mature male I will probably not keep him unless I find a female of his type.

Sarkhan42

Arachnoangel
Looks to be a mature male Maevia sp.! Excellent find, these species have two different morphs of their males.

Royalty

Arachnoknight
Looks to be a mature male Maevia sp.! Excellent find, these species have two different morphs of their males.
Would this happen to be the female of his species? This is my other unidentified jumper. I looked up Maevia sp. and the females that showed up in the google search looked a bit like this but I can't really trust google images so much since there are so many mislabeled spiders.

1593592701620.png

ReignofInvertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Would this happen to be the female of his species? This is my other unidentified jumper. I looked up Maevia sp. and the females that showed up in the google search looked a bit like this but I can't really trust google images so much since there are so many mislabeled spiders.

View attachment 351014
Yep, looks like Maevia inclemens.

Royalty

Arachnoknight
Yep, looks like Maevia inclemens.
i think that is pretty amazing that I happened to get a male and female and not knowing they were the same species!

How can I tell if the fem is old enough to mate?

My dad actually caught me a "Tan Jumping Spider" and I can really see the difference from the first pic now. It has been wild-literally.

ReignofInvertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i think that is pretty amazing that I happened to get a male and female and not knowing they were the same species!

How can I tell if the fem is old enough to mate?

My dad actually caught me a "Tan Jumping Spider" and I can really see the difference from the first pic now. It has been wild-literally.
I’m not sure if there’s a definitive way to know if the female is mature (besides her not molting anymore) but the males don’t live very long so if she’s well fed I’d say just go for it.

Royalty

Arachnoknight
I’m not sure if there’s a definitive way to know if the female is mature (besides her not molting anymore) but the males don’t live very long so if she’s well fed I’d say just go for it.
I found an old article about a different species that says to look for a dark spot.

-https://arachnoboards.com/threads/phidippus-sexing.246823/

It is talking about Phiddippus but I did notice my female has a spot there. After she eats I will try pairing.