Jumping spider ID please.

rusted180

Arachnosquire
Visiting Yosemite today!
Look what i caught!!
Jumping spider! Dont know what species tho..
I was playing with a much larger 1/2 inch friend that i spotted on some person's tire rim.. but after handling it a bit.. it took off under our car's tire! Yikes! Hope we didnt run it over when we left!

Anywho. I caught another 1/8 inch jumper in the same tire rim of the other person's car.. and put him in my sandwhich bag until i got to my cabin.. i then quickly ran to the local dollar tree and bought some thumb tacks for vents and a small plastic jar..

Need help from you all! 😀 i tried taking the best pics possible.. but the guy is so small my camera cant focus.. but did my best... anyone know what species this is??

Oh yeah! I also ran into a wolf spider inside a dead sequoia tree! I think its a wolf.. was gonna bag this guy too but wife yelled at me 👹
since i kept stopping to look for spiders during my hike.. 😬🤓
20201030_181636.jpg
20201030_181532.jpg
20201030_181718.jpg
20201030_173940.jpg

rusted180

Arachnosquire
Also.. u guys think this guy is a sling? Considering the other one i found in the same tire rim was much bigger?
They appear to be the same species.

Cororon

Arachnoknight
Difficult to tell from those pics, and there are so many different species. Eris sp. maybe? Whatever species it is, that's a cute hoppy. :) And Wolf spider.

rusted180

Arachnosquire
Gotcha gotcha fellas!
Yeah.. it kinda looked like a wolf on top.. but from what u described.. its probably that :)

It is a cute jumper! I hope its a sling tho! I want to take care of him/her for some time!

rusted180

Arachnosquire
Yeah i let him/her loose actually.
Let it loose today morning in a grassy area near the cabin.. kinda sad.. but i dont wanna mess around.
True true.. i actually didnt realize federal grounds are protected..

Cororon

Arachnoknight
Yeah i let him/her loose actually.
Let it loose today morning in a grassy area near the cabin.. kinda sad.. but i dont wanna mess around.
True true.. i actually didnt realize federal grounds are protected..
...and a couple of minutes later, maybe the spider caught an endangered butterly. :p Oh well, you did the right thing!

Bobb

Arachnopeon
I had a small black jumping spider that was hanging out by my cricket enclosure for a few days,