Jumping Spider...Help!! Eggs

Neo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hello I'm new here and at the moment I think i'm going to like this place .... Um Name is Neo and I'm here to ask everyone for some expert help about jumping spider subject.

A week or so ago I caught a rarer species of jumping spiders, simply because i rarely see those kinds. Red butt with black strip in the middle. Well I've kept it in a suitable crystal jar in which it made itself at home. However, a few days ago, it made a cacoon and soon deposited a cluster of yellowish eggs. It is at the moment, guarding the eggs and concealed itself inside with a hole to go out for itself and another hole to move to the egg chamber. Very fascinating . Anyways this is my first experience so I would like to ask some seemingly important questions so that I won't screw up. I've made a list to better organize it:

1) How long does it take jumping spider eggs to hatch, its spring at my place. CA.
2) When should I take the mom out?
3) I heard that the babies come out with a yoke sack and eats it until several molts. How can I detect moltings and how many until they can eat on their own?
4) Can they be kept together because I want to keep them in a 10 gal tank and try to continuely breed them, bored and this will be a fun hobby.
5) Humidity, Light, or any other info you can give me personally I will accept gratefully.

Please Reply soon, little worried, just wanna do it right . I will only keep some, most i'll release so for you animal activist no fear. heh. Thanks for your time. Bye.

Neo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The jumping spider is large almost an inch long. A bit aggressive. black strip orange body.

Satanika

She Who Rules AKA Thread Killer
Staff member

Neo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Re: Re: Jumping Spider...Help!! Eggs

Hey thanks....I've seen that already though. I've been waiting ages for someone to reply, I hope more people can come and help me, I've found out much about jumping spiders by myself and google.com......WHICH CAME OUT JUMPING EQUIPMENT in my search for jumping spiders.....anyways.

I need help before its too late, thx for the reply....later man.

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
try Phiddipus Audax in google, and you'll eventually find yourself at the Jumping Spider Page of North America -- there's TONS of info there. I breed these guys a little bit -- PM me and we'll take it from there.

I'd be interested in a pic -- to see what kind you have for sure.

but i'll also try to look for the JSoA page too!

good luck
peace
dave