Jumping spider hasn't eaten in over a month

Soarific

Arachnopeon
Hi,

My male jumping spider is probably around 6 months old now and hasn't eaten/accepted any food in well over a month now. It's stomach is tiny.

I have tried feeding it freshly bought curly wing flies, mealworms, wax worms, moths, nothing seems to work and he just isn't interested in the slightest.

He also hasn't molted in well over 2-3 months now. Is my spider ready to die or what could be the issue?

basin79

ArachnoGod
Hi,

My male jumping spider is probably around 6 months old now and hasn't eaten/accepted any food in well over a month now. It's stomach is tiny.

I have tried feeding it freshly bought curly wing flies, mealworms, wax worms, moths, nothing seems to work and he just isn't interested in the slightest.

He also hasn't molted in well over 2-3 months now. Is my spider ready to die or what could be the issue?
Is he mature? Any pics?

Soarific

Arachnopeon
Is he mature? Any pics?
Hi Basin, didn't expect to get a reply from you, I'm subbed on YT!

Back to the point, umm I'm not entirely sure if he is mature. I have had him for around 6 months max. Here is a pic of him right now, the picture makes his stomach appear much bigger than it actually is to the naked eye in person. I'm concerned.

Attachments

basin79

ArachnoGod
Hi Basin, didn't expect to get a reply from you, I'm subbed on YT!

Back to the point, umm I'm not entirely sure if he is mature. I have had him for around 6 months max. Here is a pic of him right now, the picture makes his stomach appear much bigger than it actually is to the naked eye in person. I'm concerned.
Can't see the bottom of his pedipalps. Can you see bulbs on the end of them tucked up?

I'd bet he's a mature male.

Soarific

Arachnopeon
Can't see the bottom of his pedipalps. Can you see bulbs on the end of them tucked up?

I'd bet he's a mature male.
Yeah I can see those. But why won't he eat, what is the reasoning behind that? It has been months since he has eaten anything and I'm worried soon he will just die.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Yeah I can see those. But why won't he eat, what is the reasoning behind that? It has been months since he has eaten anything and I'm worried soon he will just die.
Grabbed some screen shots from an old video so they're not the clearest but you can make out the bulbs on my old mature male.

All mature males want to do is mate. That's how they're programmed. They will eat occasionally but their priority is mating. All you can do if you can't find a mature female to send him to is give his enclosure an occasion mist to let him drink and just offer the odd prey item to see if he'll eat. But time isn't on his side now sadly.