Jumping spider gender and breeding?

Camry

Arachnopeon
I have two jumping spiders, one I think is male and the other female (not entirely sure). I can’t remember what species they are either. I’ve been wanting to get some experience with breeding jumpers and I think it would be a cool project. Only problem is I’m not sure if they will breed this time of year or if they are even opposite genders. Any tips and clarification would be great!

Attachments

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
The well marked one should be an adult female, but I'm not sure about the other one.

Pepper

Arachnosquire
Are you even sure theyre the same species? The second one looks like a p regius (or the other one that looks exactly the same, cant remember right now) but the first one...doesnt

Camry

Arachnopeon
Are you even sure theyre the same species? The second one looks like a p regius (or the other one that looks exactly the same, cant remember right now) but the first one...doesnt
I’m pretty sure they are the same species since my state sadly doesn’t have large jumpers like P regius so they are pretty much the same size.

Faeriedragon

Arachnopeon
I personally wouldn’t breed them or attempt to unless you know what they are. Also if a Male is of an incompatible species the female will just eat him because she won’t respond to his courtship dance.

Jadestone

Arachnosquire
The first one looks more like a Bronze jumping spider (Eris militaris) and the second looks to be a Regal or a Bold jumping spider. If the species are correct and they are adults, they are both female.

Faeriedragon

Arachnopeon
The first one looks more like a Bronze jumping spider (Eris militaris) and the second looks to be a Regal or a Bold jumping spider. If the species are correct and they are adults, they are both female.
I agree both look like females of different species, if put together the larger will just eat the smaller.

Also the only species that will breed with each other are Otiosus, Audax and Regius that I know of and those 3 look so similar I often wonder if they’re closer related.

Last edited: