Jumping Spider Eggsac

bryangottalara

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone, I'm a new member to this site but have known about it for quite some time now. Right now I have a female jumping spider (P. reguis) that has an egg sac and just have a few questions about it. She's been on guard duty for about a month now, does anyone have an idea of when the spiderlings are due? Or has it been too long already and its a possible failed egg sac? Also, should I keep feeding her regularly or would that put too much stress on her since she's been doing nothing but guarding? Any help would be much appreciated!

SpiderInTheBath

Arachnosquire
Hi

I'm in exactly your situation except mine hatched today or yesterday! It took about four weeks. If she's guarding it there's a chance it's fertile providing she's wild caught and hasn't moulted in your care.

I increased the temperature very slightly about four days ago. Not sure if it helped or if the hatch was a coincidence, and I didn't measure the difference so take that with a grain of salt!

With regard to feeding, I offered once or twice but mine didn't seem interested. She ate the moment they hatched, so I'd offer plenty of water and wait.

Good luck!

bryangottalara

Arachnopeon
Hi

I'm in exactly your situation except mine hatched today or yesterday! It took about four weeks. If she's guarding it there's a chance it's fertile providing she's wild caught and hasn't moulted in your care.

I increased the temperature very slightly about four days ago. Not sure if it helped or if the hatch was a coincidence, and I didn't measure the difference so take that with a grain of salt!

With regard to feeding, I offered once or twice but mine didn't seem interested. She ate the moment they hatched, so I'd offer plenty of water and wait.

Good luck!
I actually bought a male and female because I was planning to breed them, but I guess it turns out she was gravid even before I purchased her She's a wild caught species, I'm just not sure how long it takes for the eggs to hatch. The temperature in my house stays at about 77, but I do have refrigerated air and that tends to really cool things down...