Jumping spider catching food but seems not to eat it

Blackbird04

Arachnopeon
Hey all. So some back ground. My jumper was I think, injured while taking down a meal worm that was a bit too big. This was her first meal with me. Since they, she has been catching small locusts/locust hatchlings but once caught, she just sits with the food and doesnt seem to get any bigger. She us very very thin and her abdomen looks shrivelled. I spray one side of the enclosure everyday with water and have offered her water on a q tip several times.

It seems as though she is hungry as she is catching food but shes becoming weaker and weaker. She struggled to take a hatchling down earlier today.

The injury I think I see is on her helmet. I dont think (tho I am no expert) that this would affect her ability to eat and digest food.

I have offered wax worms both alive and pre-killed with head off to try to fatten her up but she would not take them.

Is there any reason a spider would catch food but not eat it even tho they clearly look starving?

The only issue I can think of would be sucking stomach but thought that was mainly a T. Issue.

Any ideas? I am running out of things I can try to keep her from starving.

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
I've read that you can offer sugar water off a Q-tip, which will help hydrate and provide some calories to energize them. Maybe give this a try in addition to keeping it a little warmer than normal to see if it improves. It is possible that a fang/chelicerae was injured, as well, and that's why it's having trouble eating...

Blackbird04

Arachnopeon
I've read that you can offer sugar water off a Q-tip, which will help hydrate and provide some calories to energize them. Maybe give this a try in addition to keeping it a little warmer than normal to see if it improves. It is possible that a fang/chelicerae was injured, as well, and that's why it's having trouble eating...
Thank you. Yes I could try this. I have been able to see her fangs and they look ok but there could be something I dont see. The injury I can see if on her head and you can see it in the pic I uploaded. It like something really small sticking out of her head.