Jumping spider care info please...

Quiet-1

Arachnopeon
After some poking around on the web after a couple of suggestions here, I believe that what I caught on my balcony are indeed jumping spiders. Still trying to figure out genus and species, but they are really cool to observe regardless. At the moment each is in its own vial (I caught 2 of them). Anyone have any suggestions as to proper enclosure, feeding, water, etc? They are about 1/4" in length for the body. Thought they would be a cool addition....Thanks in advance for oyur help!

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I have kept several jumping spiders before. I always kept mine in a small jar with holes in the lid. I don't think any substrate is necessary but it wouldn't hurt. I would mist mine every week or so. The best food I found for them was flys. They will also eat pinhead crickets. They are easy to keep. I had one for 3 years one time and turned it loose. So I am not sure how long they live.

Chris V

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have about 20 tarantulas and keep my crickets in kritter keepers. About 6 months ago I noticed my pinheads were disappearing quite rapidly. Turns out I had a stow-away (a little jumper).. So I moved it to the larger cricket cage where it still resides. My presence doesnt seem to bother it when I reach in for some crix and I noticed it helps keep the cages cleaner by eating weaker crickets (the ones that usually die before being fed to the T's)..I named it the Warden...
As for keeping requirements I just keep the cage stocked with crickets...

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
I have a female jumper living in my roach bin (I've mentioned this before, I know!)
She helps herself to as many nymphs as she likes, and has even molted twice in there. She spins herself a little cocoon and the roaches leave her alone. She requires no other 'care' from me.