Jumper has made a sac!!! :D

bliss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i have an unknown species of jumper, it is not P audux but is green... like the P rufilata, has the same "textural look" to it.
it has just laid a sac, i would take pics but she is very quick and gets agitated when i open the lid.

any tips on how to receive a successful hatchout of these nice spidies?

thanks

~daniel

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
i imagine the hardest part would be separating them and finding somehting small enough for them to eat.mabey a fruitfly culture?get some pics when u can

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
ive raised p.audax,p.regius.others aswell, the mom stays with the eggs till they hatch out.then ya got loads of babies,ive given the babies fruitflies aswell,and micro pinhead crickets too,but man the babies are very tiny,i kept the babies together also for sometime,then they started to eat the flies/pinheads and each other. good luck with them:)

bliss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
thanks... well, i guess im gonna have to invest in some fruit fly cultures. i may keep half the sac and release the rest into the wild, where i originally caught their mom. i guess ill just have to try my luck, if i can't do it right then ill try again sometime . :)

thanks

Daniel

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
ahhh, gotta love fruit flys...they always save the day when you cant find small enough crickets:)

bliss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
well this took an unfortunate turn of events.... the sac is still good but the mother is dying.. :( . and it's bitter sweet... because im sitting here looking at her limp around, but any time i open the lid and look in, she notices me and hobbles back to her eggsac and places her body over top of it, as if to say "well if im gonna die, im gonna die protecting my eggsac from you". very bitter sweet

bliss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yes, she is dead now.. :( the eggsac still remains, should i keep the substrate damp or should i leave it dry and humid???

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
dry and humid is fine, ive always kept all of my jumpers on the dry side anyway,just misted the web 2X week and all of thier eggsacs hatched with no problems. good luck:)