Jumper dead?

wonderful

Arachnosquire
She has been like this for a couple days and I touched her little foot with a paint brush and she didn’t move. I’m so damn bummed. I hope she is playing possum but i don’t think that’s it. She ate two flies right before getting in her house. I just don’t know..

she isn’t stiff though. 🤷‍♀️

Attachments

Lucky123

Arachnobaron
you sure she's not molting? That isnt a death curl so she might just be molting, if she is touching her could kill her so try not to.

wonderful

Arachnosquire
I hope so. I’m not messing with her at all since I touched her leg a tiny bit. I’ll leave her be and hope she is just molting. I’m just worried. I’ll cross all my fingers and toes and hope she is molting

What mainly started the worry is that she is not all the way in her house. thank you Lucky123 for calming my fears. ♥

Last edited by a moderator:

Stardust1986

Arachnoknight
I hope so. I’m not messing with her at all since I touched her leg a tiny bit. I’ll leave her be and hope she is just molting. I’m just worried. I’ll cross all my fingers and toes and hope she is molting
I worry everytime my T Stimi molts, I feel better now that shes getting older. If the legs aren't curled under, it didnt look like they were, a "death curl," your spider should be just fine : )

Buggylookslikeyou

Arachnosquire
Since she is halfway in halfway out if she molts like that she could fall and die in the molt so I would get a whole paper towel and wedge it under her everyday changing it till she comes out my emerald jumper pixie spoody doodie decided to molt in a crooked dollar store flower she’s been obsessed with since she was in a croissant container when I caught her on the hood of my car as well as queen b the last of my og p audax her I’m not sure if she’s molting or is just anti social because she’s been in her house for a month just comes out to eat and then disappears. The damp paper towel is in addition to spraying the sides but not the exact hide they are in and the dampness will help keep it humid in the enclosure which is crucial for the molt

Attachments

wonderful

Arachnosquire
Since she is halfway in halfway out if she molts like that she could fall and die in the molt so I would get a whole paper towel and wedge it under her everyday changing it till she comes out my emerald jumper pixie spoody doodie decided to molt in a crooked dollar store flower she’s been obsessed with since she was in a croissant container when I caught her on the hood of my car as well as queen b the last of my og p audax her I’m not sure if she’s molting or is just anti social because she’s been in her house for a month just comes out to eat and then disappears. The damp paper towel is in addition to spraying the sides but not the exact hide they are in and the dampness will help keep it humid in the enclosure which is crucial for the molt
Cool I will do this. Thank you ♥
Hopefully she is in her house enough. Makes me think about people that are suicidal or just like to freak people out on tik tok and they stand on the ledge of tall buildings and the police put out a giant airbag in case they jump. Of course there is always someone in the crowd that yells “Do a flip!”

Buggylookslikeyou

Arachnosquire
Cool I will do this. Thank you ♥
Hopefully she is in her house enough. Makes me think about people that are suicidal or just like to freak people out on tik tok and they stand on the ledge of tall buildings and the police put out a giant airbag in case they jump. Of course there is always someone in the crowd that yells “Do a flip!”
Anytime and lmfao

Stardust1986

Arachnoknight
I worry everytime my T Stimi molts, I feel better now that shes getting older. If the legs aren't curled under, it didnt look like they were, a "death curl," your spider should be just fine : )
Honestly you don't need the paper towel, humidity +ventilation = happy tarantula. Dont be scared, tarantulas go crazy aamount of times without food, but their still safe. Its scary at first, but I promise, you dont have to worry, just keep the water dish full : )

Lucky123

Arachnobaron
Honestly you don't need the paper towel, humidity +ventilation = happy tarantula. Dont be scared, tarantulas go crazy aamount of times without food, but their still safe. Its scary at first, but I promise, you dont have to worry, just keep the water dish full : )
Its not a tarantula i think its a jumping spider

Stardust1986

Arachnoknight
Its not a tarantula i think its a jumping spider
Yeah, but shouldnt they behave the same? I really think so, but I may be wrong
You understand they need good humidity and ventilation, I dont think you have any reason to worry, I check on my T with phone lights, even though I shouldnt, just to easey worries, it's normal to worry

Stardust1986

Arachnoknight
Not really they're about as different as spiders get, dont worry :) i was just making sure you knew it was a jumper.
Although I have watched videos on jumpers, I'm looking at them like tarantulas honestly, could it be so different? I feel like the danger signs should be the same, I could be mistaken, but I feel sure it's the same

Lucky123

Arachnobaron
Although I have watched videos on jumpers, I'm looking at them like tarantulas honestly, could it be so different? I feel like the danger signs should be the same, I could be mistaken, but I feel sure it's the same
Well they can't go as long without food, they can die if they go a week without food, they also cant have a water dish or they will drown, they get all their water from their food. Depending on the species they dont need as much humidity. They're different animals so you cant really look at them the same. But they are both spiders so they show similar signs of death and sickness.

Buggylookslikeyou

Arachnosquire
Well they can't go as long without food, they can die if they go a week without food, they also cant have a water dish or they will drown, they get all their water from their food. Depending on the species they dont need as much humidity. They're different animals so you cant really look at them the same. But they are both spiders so they show similar signs of death and sickness.
Very right water dish nope and thinking they are similar they are very different they need misting daily of the sides of the enclosure and can go as adults at least without food for a month over feeding is a big deal to as they will over eat each jumper has to be fed differently to match there size I feel all captive spiders are over fed because there is less Info on jumper care and the info is in general all over the place so it’s just learning your specific jumpers preference in food bigger prey they prefer less feeding smaller more feedings and their age depends as well older jumpers may not be able to handle the bigger prey as they become slower

wonderful

Arachnosquire
Very right water dish nope and thinking they are similar they are very different they need misting daily of the sides of the enclosure and can go as adults at least without food for a month over feeding is a big deal to as they will over eat each jumper has to be fed differently to match there size I feel all captive spiders are over fed because there is less Info on jumper care and the info is in general all over the place so it’s just learning your specific jumpers preference in food bigger prey they prefer less feeding smaller more feedings and their age depends as well older jumpers may not be able to handle the bigger prey as they become slower
What’s your opinion on a dab of honey on qtips? Also orange juice? I read in a couple places that giving this to jumpers is a must and then read on others that it’s not. So many places say completely different things than the other and some places make it sound like you’re the devil and should be taken out back and shot if the enclosure doesn’t have the right amount of air holes. I’ve pretty much decided that they are all crazy and I’ll search on this board since you guys give reasons and debate issues without the pitchforks and fire (for the most part at least).

Buggylookslikeyou

Arachnosquire
What’s your opinion on a dab of honey on qtips? Also orange juice? I read in a couple places that giving this to jumpers is a must and then read on others that it’s not. So many places say completely different things than the other and some places make it sound like you’re the devil and should be taken out back and shot if the enclosure doesn’t have the right amount of air holes. I’ve pretty much decided that they are all crazy and I’ll search on this board since you guys give reasons and debate issues without the pitchforks and fire (for the most part at least).
Yup that’s why I stay here my wife is on the Facebook group and Reddit and they like come for you it’s nuts. Like the whole abdomen size obsession. If they lived outdoors their abdomen would be smaller as they would have less access to food therefore smaller abdomen being captive they obviously get over fed

Jumper

Arachnosquire
She has been like this for a couple days and I touched her little foot with a paint brush and she didn’t move. I’m so damn bummed. I hope she is playing possum but i don’t think that’s it. She ate two flies right before getting in her house. I just don’t know..

Definitely in pre-molt. Like the other members have mentioned. Keep the misting the enclosure every 2-3 days.
Once he/she has molted, leave it alone for a couple a days for the exoskeleton to harden. It will become active and super thirsty/ hungry.

Side note: Some jumpers don't build a hammock when they molt.
Some will molt outside of their hammock. (Fascinating)
This weekend our boy (Odin) did this.
I woke up early to feed the other kids and caught him in the process of molting.
Woke up the wife and witnessed closely, during the process we forgot to video the whole thing.
I'd say he took about 45 minutes to and hour to get out of his old exoskeleton,
He fell from where he was nesting from down to substrate. We were a bit nervous.
I only assisted pulling his old exoskeleton off once he separated from it.
You'll know when they'll be fine when their hydraulic system is kicking in for them to move their appendages.
We lightly misted the side of the enclosure and let him be.
Again mother nature will take care of itself.
We will post picture of the fella once has eaten.

This is the rule we feed our kids from slings to adults

Slings 2-3 days.
Juveniles 3-4 days
Adults once a week or just offer the prey and see if it is interested.

-Jumper

Jumper

Arachnosquire

Definitely in pre-molt. Like the other members have mentioned. Keep the misting the enclosure every 2-3 days.
Once he/she has molted, leave it alone for a couple a days for the exoskeleton to harden. It will become active and super thirsty/ hungry.

Side note: Some jumpers don't build a hammock when they molt.
Some will molt outside of their hammock. (Fascinating)
This weekend our boy (Odin) did this.
I woke up early to feed the other kids and caught him in the process of molting.
Woke up the wife and witnessed closely, during the process we forgot to video the whole thing.
I'd say he took about 45 minutes to and hour to get out of his old exoskeleton,
He fell from where he was nesting from down to substrate. We were a bit nervous.
I only assisted pulling his old exoskeleton off once he separated from it.
You'll know when they'll be fine when their hydraulic system is kicking in for them to move their appendages.
We lightly misted the side of the enclosure and let him be.
Again mother nature will take care of itself.
We will post picture of the fella once has eaten.

This is the rule feed our kids from slings to adults

Slings 2-3 days.
Juveniles 3-4 days
Adults once a week or just offer the prey and see if it is interested.

-Jumper

wonderful

Arachnosquire
Unfortunately she has started decomposing her butt flattened and she curled up. I was hoping maybe she molted in the night and I was seeing it but it’s her whole body. poor thing. Super sad about it she was a cutie and really fun to watch.