July 3 Va Beach

Tarantuland

Arachnoprince
Is anyone going to the tarantula meet up at the grand opening for the brick and mortar store?

Looks pretty cool but I’m still debating if it’s feasible for me to make the drive on the holiday weekend and hotel costs

Tarantuland

Arachnoprince
What store?
Fear Not Tarantulas. Wasn't sure if I'm allowed to say the name on here but I guess they'll edit it if not. They're having a grand opening, there's a meet up, breeding workshops, care and rehousing workshops. Tom Patterson, Jeremy Huff, Frank Somma (NY Insect Zoo), Dr. Linda Raynor (Entomology dept at Cornell) and some other people will be there. It's 4th of July weekend though so traffic is gonna be rough and hotels are pricy, I'm at least 4-5 hours away but considering going

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Thanks- sounds interesting for sure, over Jy 4th, good for locals, not for distance I'd think If you go, let me know how it turned out. They will either get a great turnout, or a small turnout given it's on Jy 4th. Big family time weekend.

Tarantuland

Arachnoprince
Haha well somebody hit my and totalled it while it was parked outside my house the last weekend in June so I didn't go, but here is a little bit of footage.

I know it's youtube, but there is some interesting interviews. I personally really enjoyed the one with Jeremy Huff