• The Review & Report forums are closed to new posts. Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reviews & reports. If you do not see a review item for a seller, please contact them and request they create their own review item. If you would like to leave a breeding/bite/sting report, please contact an administrator with the species name that you would like to report and what type of report you would like to leave. We will create an item for you. The Seller/Buyer/Shop Inquiries/Warnings forum is still open for new posts.

Jules 5 and 10 Pet store, Chicago IL

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Positive

So today I walked down my street, and noticed a small hole in the wall pet shop situated in the back of a 5 and dime store. A sign on the window said 'feeder mice, 89 cents' so I thought I'd gander a look in there. To my surprise, he had about 20 Rose hairs, and few odd mislabelled and poorly housed specimens. As well as a good deal of scorps, snakes, reptiles, etc. Now, the reason I give a positive review, is I talked to the pet shop manager, since he was rght there near the T's when I was looking at them, and explained to him that having sponges, sharp wood chips (These were literally splintered instead of cut, totally a mess) and whatnot was bad. He listened attentively, and admitted he had only recently gotten into selling them, and would I explain the right way to go about it. So I did, and he asked if I could stop by on tuesday, to see what I thought of the new setups. All of his other animals were very well kept, and the place appears to have become a local petting zoo for the more 'normal' variety of housepets.

I give him a positive for now, for the effort to change what's wrong. However, I'll edit this post when I see the results.

Bill