Journal

MrJohn

Arachnopeon
Does anyone else keep a journal? I was keeping one, but I kept forgetting to document feedings, enclosure stats (Temp-Humid) and the occasional odd behavior so I gave up on it. My collection is happy and thriving, so am I just being neurotic or am I really missing out by not collecting more data for future analysis?

dianedfisher

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I keep a journal for my breeding program, but I just use masking tape on the habitats to keep track of sex and molt dates. I don't do much to track pre-molt conditions. I pretty much look at everyone before I feed and if they look well-fed I skip them and they just get water. Keeping track of your molt dates can help you determine overall maturity and help you decide when and if to pair up one of your females if a breeding opportunity arises.
Diane

Slimdean

Arachnopeon
thoughts are like dominos....

I'm rather new to this site and new to the hobby, still browsing t's i might get, but I used to blog some way back(it was really a way to keep up with my primetime shows lol). You could try doing some vids with commentary and then write notes when you get a chance. Maybe blog your findings and get some input from others along the way through the comments.

It's always good to get a few friends that are doing the same, so they can pop in give their insight and/or advice. If you start on blogger, let me, ill add ya. ;P
the same goes for any one keeping smaller/dwarf species as i'm fascinated with them. ;P