Jordan's Black Deathstalker - Leiurus jordanensis

Stormcrow

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The Leiurus genus has long been represented by a single species until now...

Note: Leiurus jordanensis Photo © Professor Wilson Lourenco

Expressed written permission is required before downloading and/or publishing this material for any personal, professional, or commercial use. The following image is linked via an authorized site!

http://www.ub.ntnu.no/scorpion-files/l_jordanensis.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

errit

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I have heard that Leiurus jordanensis is a color morph of leiurus quinquestriatus

WorldTour

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
errit said:
I have heard that Leiurus jordanensis is a color morph of leiurus quinquestriatus
Way to dredge up a 2 year old post.

-mark

carpe scorpio

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Oil aside, I think we should conquer the Middle East for it's scorpions!.

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
errit said:

According to the description*, you have differences in colour, several differences in carinae -- both in the basic carinae as well as accesory structures, granulation and morphometric values. All-in-all it looks like a pretty strong argument for being an individual species rather than a colour morph.

* Lourenco W., Modry D., Amr Z. (2002) Description of a new species of Leiurus Ehrenberg, 1828 (Scorpiones, Buthidae) from South of Jordan. Revue Suisse De Zoologie 109:635-642.

Cheers,
Dave

carpe scorpio

Arachnoking
Old Timer
This is THE scorpion to have, near impossible to get and beautiful in a nasty way. I want 5.

carpe scorpio

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I would like to go collecting 40KM south of Beersheba Israel, where the scorpions run free.

woijchik89

Arachnolord
Old Timer
carpe scorpio said:
I would like to go collecting 40KM south of Beersheba Israel, where the scorpions run free.
One day.....I'll hope to own a Scorpion ranch..........they'd be free graziers. LoL