User JohnnyBoy's Tarantula Pictures

JohnnyBoy83

Arachnopeon
So I made the leap and bought my first T, G. pulchripes, 6-8cm juvenile from TSS. Arrived safe and well this morning, and s/he seems to like the enclosure so far, was out exploring pretty much straight away. World, meet Anansi (Nancy if she turns out female).

Drea

Arachnosquire
Congratulations and enjoy your first T baby. Welcome to the wonderful world of arachnids. :)

I am sure you have done your research before this purchase but please don’t hesitate to ask a question if you can’t find the answer on here.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
Great species, one of the very best to start out with. I absolutely adore mine and you will too. The setup looks good, but I would do away with the rocks. There is a risk of them falling on your tarantula if they decide to burrow under them. I never put anything too heavy in my enclosures.

JohnnyBoy83

Arachnopeon
Thanks, I'll keep an eye on her and take them out if she starts messing around too much. They're not heavy though, weigh less than the water dish.

JohnnyBoy83

Arachnopeon
I know a lot of people don't advocate handling, and I understand the reasons why, but this curious little one crawled right out onto my hand while I was changing the water dish out. Super chilled, had a little wander and then went back into the enclosure. Both the enclosure and I were sat on the floor, catch cup to hand, wasn't taking any chances.

JohnnyBoy83

Arachnopeon
So we made it through the first molt without incident! Strutting around now all new, bigger, and hairy.

JohnnyBoy83

Arachnopeon
So it's been a few weeks, and I've added two more to my spood family. Meet Flash, the C. versicolor sling, and Aragog, G. pulchra sling freshly arrived today. Anansi has chunked out and is eating like a beast too, happy little family!

AracnoDreams

Arachnopeon
Beautiful , I love them pulchras, and an avic , lots of people say they are great starter Ts , personally I had a hard time on my first one,my first tank climber, but so so gorgeous .

JohnnyBoy83

Arachnopeon
Flash is doing great, had him/her about 2 weeks now. Voracious eater, and has webbed up a storm. Settled in straight away. Aragog has built a small burrow and has already eaten, so he's settling in nicely too.

ghostly

Arachnopeon
Great pics, thanks for sharing and congrats on your new additions. Amazing choice of species, especially G. pulchra is one of my dream Ts. That's why this hobby is so addictive. :embarrassed: