Johnny´s Scorpions

journeys and scorpions

Arachnoknight
These are indeed some of the most gorgeous scorpions shots I have seen. Thanks for taking the time to share. I also want to commend you on the substrate/enclosures. They look mint! Good to see people in the hobby that do things right! Nice job.

Two questions: What type of camera(s) are you using for the shots?
Where did you get the white sand in the enclosures? Love the texture.

Thanks again!
Many thanks my friend!

I have tried a lot of sand and most were rather mediocre. My current sand, like the one on the pictures above, I buy in a hardware store for € 2.50 / 25kg.
I can easily mix this sand with clay and adjust the grave ability. The grain size of the sand is optimal.
I have also tried very fine white sand but it dust too much and is too powdery.

For my pics i take a simple Canon powershot a480 and two lamps :-D.

Yea Very impressive pics, Makes me want to get into scorps when I get a bigger T room...
I hope so :)!

Parabuthus pallidus, ( with 2. Instar )

( with 1. Instar )

Centruoides fulvipes, ( Mexico )

Centruroides sp. pinotepa, ( Mexico - Pinotepa )

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
Wow Alex I agree your enclosures , pictures and obviously your collection itself are all top notch. I can only dream of having the diversity of scorpions in your collection !!!!

journeys and scorpions

Arachnoknight
Wow Alex I agree your enclosures , pictures and obviously your collection itself are all top notch. I can only dream of having the diversity of scorpions in your collection !!!!
Thanks man :)! Next year u can have more baby´s :-D

These mexicans!

Centruroides infamatus, ( Mexico )

Centruroides meisei, ( Mexico )

kjm

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I've recently started moving from Ts to scorpions and just keep looking at your collection and could only dream to have some of the beautiful specimens you have! Really enjoy what you produce. Wish you were in the U.S. so I could get my hands on those high quality scorpions you are producing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Very nice collection! It's made me want to get into scorpions now, I've decided on my next order I'll be getting some Rhopalurus garridoi! I do have some questions, what temperature do you keep the room at, what size enclosures do you keep them in? Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

journeys and scorpions

Arachnoknight
I've recently started moving from Ts to scorpions and just keep looking at your collection and could only dream to have some of the beautiful specimens you have! Really enjoy what you produce. Wish you were in the U.S. so I could get my hands on those high quality scorpions you are producing.

Thanks man :)!
I am a big nerd :-D.
Travel to U.S is a Dream for me and to live there, too. But with a little luck...we will see.
You can come to Germany, we can drink excellent beer and visit Mark Stockmann :-D...i invite you

Very nice collection! It's made me want to get into scorpions now, I've decided on my next order I'll be getting some Rhopalurus garridoi! I do have some questions, what temperature do you keep the room at, what size enclosures do you keep them in? Thanks!
Thank you :)!
R. garridoi is a very simple and great species.
My Room have temps from 20°-30°...R. garridoi i keep by 30°, mostly dry with sand and some wood.
I have 1.1.0 R. garridoi in a normal 5,8l BraPlast or you can take a little Terra. They like to climb :)

Euscorpius concinnus, ( Italy - Liguria )

Uroplectes olivaceus, ( Mozambik )

Centruroides gracilis, ( Florida )

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Thank you :)!
R. garridoi is a very simple and great species.
My Room have temps from 20°-30°...R. garridoi i keep by 30°, mostly dry with sand and some wood.
I have 1.1.0 R. garridoi in a normal 5,8l BraPlast or you can take a little Terra. They like to climb :)
Thanks! So it's a taller enclosure as well, should they be kept communally? And include a water dish for humidity but keep everything else dry? Also, I might be jumping the gun on this one, but are they an easy species to breed? Oh and do you keep a heat lamp or? Thanks!

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Cant wait for my Pallidus to get that big :D Theyre gorgeous little things! Sadly not too popular in the states, the larger Parabuthus get all the attention. My friend and I have about 20 between both of us so maybe in 2016 they'll be on the US market :)

Centruroides sp. pinotepa is one I really, really like. The contrast is spectacular. Where did you acquire those? And where might they be located in the wild?

kjm

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks man :)!
I am a big nerd :-D.
Travel to U.S is a Dream for me and to live there, too. But with a little luck...we will see.
You can come to Germany, we can drink excellent beer and visit Mark Stockmann :-D...i invite you ]
Haha yeah that does sound like a good time. :yes:

journeys and scorpions

Arachnoknight
Thanks! So it's a taller enclosure as well, should they be kept communally? And include a water dish for humidity but keep everything else dry? Also, I might be jumping the gun on this one, but are they an easy species to breed? Oh and do you keep a heat lamp or? Thanks!
Hello :)

Yes 30cm x 30 cm enclosure u can choose. U can keep them together - 1.1.0 or 2.2.0 -> No Problem!
A water dish u can put in but u can also spray some water every week. I am a Fan of spraying water because it looks more naturally :). And yes, u must give them heat what u wanna take for giving heat, u must know. I dont know which enclosure u have :).
This is a very simple sp.!

Cant wait for my Pallidus to get that big :D Theyre gorgeous little things! Sadly not too popular in the states, the larger Parabuthus get all the attention. My friend and I have about 20 between both of us so maybe in 2016 they'll be on the US market :)

Centruroides sp. pinotepa is one I really, really like. The contrast is spectacular. Where did you acquire those? And where might they be located in the wild?
I like P. pallidus too! Breeding them ist faboulus :)!
I have my connections :). Not many have C. sp. pinotepa. They are from Mexico - Pinotepa!
I hope that we can give this sp. a strong Stand in this Hobby!

Haha yeah that does sound like a good time. :yes:
I hope so :). Mark is very happy about that!

Androctonus australis, ( Tunisia )

Centruroides limbatus

Above animals are from:
Centruroides limbatus, ( Black )

Amazingly this C. limbatus!

Parabuthus transvaalicus

shaneshac

Arachnosquire
Those australis tunisia are awesome. Keep us posted on the progress!!

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
A.australis females have a notch in the claws!?
or is this a modern couple!!!

journeys and scorpions

Arachnoknight
Those australis tunisia are awesome. Keep us posted on the progress!!
She´s very fat now...litter comming soon.

A.australis females have a notch in the claws!?
or is this a modern couple!!!
Yes, the males have a notch in the Claws :).

Buthus malhommei, ( Morocco )

Hottentotta jayakari, ( salei ), ( Oman )

Hottentotta caboverdensis, ( Cape Verde Island)

SoHum

Arachnopeon
How did you get all these amazing Mexican species in Germany, and yet nobody has these in the states? :p

SoHum

Arachnopeon
I dont know...but we can work for more species in US ;-)!
Those Centruroides and Uroplectes species are amazing.. I love the colors and patterns!

Maybe some of us in the states should organize a group buy to cut expensive, rapid shipping from Europe into reasonable parts!