John Doe

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Can anyone tell me what this juvi is? The pet store had it under some wacked out common name, I don't even remember what it was...golden stripe or something like that...but it was so cute and rambunctious I couldn't resist it. It has spun absolutely NO web since I got it...its very active, very fast...just molted to about 3", it doesn't burrow, uses its hide every so often but is pretty out going. Any thoughts? All help is appreciated, I know its hard to tell without adult colors but I'm sure one of you outstanding individuals can! :D

Attachments

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I dont know what it is, but it sure is neat looking.

Ernie

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Botar,
What ever happened with that eggsac?

Ernie

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
No, I don't think its from the same family. It looks like it almost might be an A. Chalcodes, but I'm not sure. It's really docile, it has only given me one half-@$$ threat posture and that's when I first put it into its enclosure. I've held it several times and its usually really docile, just quick. Wouldn't surprise me if it was from the Aphonopelma family.

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It was infertile... which makes sense. I've yet to get a hatch yet. I've got a wolf spider carrying around an egg sack right now, but I'm not sure that it is going to be fertile either. It looks like it's drying out.

Botar

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
my uneducated guess would be A chalcodes as well....or at least in the genus somewhere!

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
It looks like it has alot of gray on it. Does it?

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Oh yeah, I don't think it could be ephebopus murinus because although it appears to look as if it did in the picture on one leg, it doesn't really have the skeleton like markings on the legs...unless that is something that comes in towards the adult colorations...I'm not sure there, you probably know more than I do on that. :)

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Not really. I just have been looking at the murinus lately so it is kind of fresh in my mind. I thought its body structure looked like the murinus' moreso that the coloration.

Whatever it is, it is quite striking!

Big DRagonfly

looseyfur

Arachnofur
Old Timer
defined pics

yo I dont suppose there is a way for you to take a higher res shot is there? I suppose if there were you would have :( would make the id easier though.

yer pal-
looseyfur;P

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I would if I could...I'm trying to get a friend to borrow his sisters. It was heck trying to get that pic. LOL. I can't get a good shot with my Nikon manual because I don't have a flash or a lot of lighting in this house. I had to videotape a small portion of the T, capture the film on the comp, and do a screen shot because the capture function of the program wouldn't work...UGH! lol. I'll try though this weekend.