Old Timer
you know, i am going to have to say these guys are more caramel than carmine

this is another specimen. my largest at around 2cm/0.75"

zoom

zoom

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
ive always like these little tanks, they call them "child of the earth" i believe that is the saying. very cool bug.

aaandyyy5

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey
I used to catch those all the time in SoCal. They had alot more white on them but its probably just a different subspecies. The larger ones are quite aggressive and can bite you pretty good. Definately a very cool bug.

Thanks
Andy

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
ive always like these little tanks, they call them "child of the earth" i believe that is the saying. very cool bug.
NIÑOS DE LA TIERRA. Yeah we call them that here at home. My whole family is afraid of them thinking they're poisonous. As well as being a pain to kill. I have a whole bunch in my backyard. They do give a hell of a bite.

arachnocat

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Those are nice pics! The ones I have near my house in Santa Rosa are a more yellow color with black strips on their abdomen. I've also found a few in another location that are black with grey stripes. I guess there are quite a few different species of J Crix here in CA.
It's always fun to look for them under logs in the summer. I usually find them with their head buried and their big butt sticking out. They think they're hiding :}