Jenkins Photography

spider

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Good Afternoon!

As you all may have known in the past, when dealing with my depressing nonsense, I always searched for a way out of my problems with myself and to forget any negative things around me. Well... I have stumbled upon the cliche of Photography.

Now I'm not very good but I'd love to learn more about mainly controlling my aperture on my newly acquired Canon EOS 50D. This baby is very different from my old, miniscule (in comparison) Canon Powershot SX10 IS.

So here are a few shots from recently. Positive and constructive Feedback is Welcomed :)

note: these are all taken with the basic kit lens of 72-135mm.
If anyone is looking to sell their lenses for cheap, let me know. I also need a highquality carbon fiber tripod. Also, I need an External flash. I'll settle for a 270ex.

spider

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

I'll build on the thread with more photos as I go along :)

fartkowski

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Very nice pictures.
You've got a great eye for photography.

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
very nice. but you should try and step your apature up some. this will bring more of the pictures into detale. for instance the last shot(say the focus wasnt the bug) you could have made all the words readable.

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Awesome work dude... love the tree with the vines growing up and the lone coffee cup.

Botar

spider

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks for all the feedback everyone!

I did some exploring at the local photography shop today, decided I am going to buy a Tamron 60mm f/2-something for 600 unless someone has one cheaper. I did some messing around with it and Ill upload some pics from that and My journey on Natchez trace day. Oh, and I will be out on the coast tomorrow:D

and I'll definately work on the Aperture, Codykrr. Thanks for the info :)

Last edited:

Lucille

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Those pix look pro, I really enjoyed them. You've got The Eye.

Noexcuse4you

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Sweet pics! You should create an account on flickr. Its a pretty sweet online photo community where people can leave comments on individual pics and such.

spider

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
http://www.flickr.com/photos/40020582@N02/

here's a "photo of the day" type of thing. Really, I was just too lazy and muchtoo tired to plug my camera up from Biloxi to give a better photo for today :)

I call it, A Thorn That I Took a Picture of Kinda Close-like.

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Cool. Macro shots are really fun to take.

BTW, think that the link is broken.

spider

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
EDIT- Flickr Link

Edit : http://www.flickr.com/photos/40020582@N02/

Thanks for letting me know :)

Also, a lot of those flicks on there are from my old SX10 IS.

edit edit : 687 pictures to sort through in the morning then pick the best of the best to go in this thread :)

Last edited:

spider

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Even though I took this picture, it still makes you kind of scratch your head

:D

Here's another nice one. There's several different angles of this bird, this is just the one I edited.

Last edited: