• The Review forums are closed to new reviews.

Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reviews.

Information on how to use our new Reviews section can be found in our Tutorials forum.

Jeff Holmes (Weapon_X) <Arachnidfiend@aol.com>

bwhatch2

Arachnopeon
buyer beware

here's the short version. i sent him an h.minax and he was supposed to send me a togo starburst. i sent him mine, which (he said) wasnt what i told him it was. its possible thats true, i could have mis-identified it. nonetheless he said he was satisfied with the deal and would send my togo. he even asked if i could get him a couple more of the ?h.minax? he never once complained about what i sent him, until........... a month later, many excuses, and telling me three times he had already mailed my togo i finally realized i got screwed. i waited a month, listened to all his excuses and when i finally got tired of waiting and told him off then he started whineing and complaining.
heres a cut and paste copy of two of the e-mails he sent me

>te reason you have'nt received the togo is because i never sent >it jackass, if you had'nt been talking smack you would have had >it by now, maybe i'll send it this spring jackoff

>no the only person getting ripped is you. i don't care how much >you whine to scott or mister internet, until the day you can suck >up your pride that'll be the day you get your t, so see what >happens to people who talk sh*t. hahahahahah

you be the judge, want to take your chances and mail him something? i got screwed and so will you.
BUYER BEWARE OF THIS KID

Brad

Arachnopeon
As a seller, Weapon-X may be a wonderful guy.

However...Apparently, he doesn't honor auctions the same way as regular purchases. He was high bidder on two of my auctions at petbugs.com. Got a VERY good deal on an adult Haplopelma schmidti female and 8 adult Hadrurus scorps.

He did respond politely to the several emails I sent. It's been a month now, but he really has no clue when he can send any money. He does, however, have enough money for the many other purchases we've read about on this board. Purchases made AFTER our deal.

Oh well, good enough. That's my deal with him. Hope others go better.

Brad

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

i am sorry for that brad, i did sell a lot of my stuff and on an impulse buy did not think about that, my phone had been shut off for some time, i had figured you would have sold them to someone else, but i got that PM from you and figured since i was getting money on monday that i would still go for them, but alas i would have been tired of waiting too, my suggestion would be to offer those to someone here i gurantee you would have em sold at such an awesome deal that it is--Jeff

bwhatch2

Arachnopeon
follow up

jeff contacted me about a month and a half ago, said he was sorry and would send me a togo starburst. a week went by, two weeks, he e-mailed me again, then three weeks, then four....... still nothing, empty promises and BS. now he's all over the classifieds again. seems kind of odd to me that one week he is looking for certain species, and a week or two later he's selling the same species.
to jeff, keep your promises to yourself, they dont mean diddley to me.

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

Bryan i told you i don't have the money to ship overnight right now , i also told you this privatly, now i'll tell you publicaly: i don't have the money to ship right now. I told you that 2 weeks ago, not a month, my budgets been pretty tight around here, as far as me being all over the classifieds so what i have the right to look around(as do you), I just PM'd you and i beleave i have mentioned that i do not have the money for overnight shipping at least 4 times in it, next time please contact me to see whats going on through my e-mail or PM me, i will send it when: i have the money for overnight shipping --Jeff p.s. I'll send it when i have the money for overnight shipping.

Last edited:

bwhatch2

Arachnopeon
you contacted me on jan 15 at 2:28 am (i save my pm's). that's five and a half weeks ago, more than a month, and certainly more than the two weeks you claim. if you dont have the money or merchandise to carry through on a deal or trade then you shouldnt make the deal. its really a very simple concept. sit around and fantisize all you want about buying/selling/trading but keep other people out of it. you call me impatient. the first time i waited 2 months, the second i waited 5 weeks. just how long do you think you should get to make good on a deal. why didnt i pm you? thats simple, if i wanted to hear any more excuses it would be a lot easier for me to just read my old pms from you, they're full of them. no money for postage? then might i suggest quit promising to send it, or get a job. either way, keep the tarantula, you obviously are to hard up to be blowing your money on keeping your word.

bryan

safetypinup

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Maybe I'm missing something, but....

I recently dealt with Jeff in a trade, and did not have any problems whatsoever. He was polite and easy to get hold of, and my spiders arrived well-packed and healthy. I would recommend him to others based on my experience with him. Thanks Jeff! :)

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I had a very pleasant experience when dealing with Jeff. I recently conducted a trade with him, and I recieved a P. striata that is in perfect health. It was pack very well, and the one day delay by the postal service didn't seem to affect it at all. I will do business with im again in the future.

Trace

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Jeff Holmes

Positive

Jeff Holmes (arachnidfiend@aol.com) seems like a nice guy I have done quite a few trades with him and was completely satisfied. No complaints here.

will1083217

Arachnopeon
Well, I have dealt with him about 5 times in reference to Ts and I have some coming as I type but I have had no problems AT ALL. Jeff seems to be a decent fellow. For those of you wanting to deal with Jeff hes good in my book. Thanks Jeff!

LPacker79

ArachnoSpaz
Old Timer
I recently bought a Chilobrachys fimbriatus from Jeff, and I'm so incredibly satisfied with my dealings with Jeff! Good price, great packaging, and he was quick to answer any questions I had. Just a great experience. He was even willing to hold the T for me for a week until I was able to get the cash.

I'll definitely be on the lookout for anything else he sells that I may want.

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Positive

I just completed a complicated 3-way trade with Jeff and another hobbyist. Jeff was in possession of a T that I needed and we worked out a deal that was to everyone's satisfaction. Due to the nature of the trade, it took some time to complete. Jeff maintained communications and shipped when he said he would. This deal required a good bit of trust on all sides and Jeff came through without a hitch. The T was in excellent condition and he did a fine job packing.

Botar

Deliverme314

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Positive!

Just received my T's, roaches and pede yesterday from Jeff. All were in fantastic shape; healthy and beautiful specimens. Communications were top notch... we must have exchanged 20 emails. His price was most deffinitley right on. The packing was great. Everything was awesome. If you have the oppurtunity to do business with this guy, take it.

Valael

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Negative

This actually happened a while ago. Probably around 10 months ago? I no longer have the emails from then as a proof of date. It's irrelevant, anyways.

Basically, I was somewhat new to the hobby (6 months at the most.) and I saw Jeff was selling a "7 inch P. Regalis"

It started out decent. He responded quick. We got everything worked out and right before I sent the money order, he tells me "I'm backing out, she's on her back getting ready to molt." A red light SHOULD have gone off because I told him that I was going to send it (My guess would be he was trying to cancel the bet after I sent the money order. More on why I think that later.)

Well, I hadn't sent it. And after about a week, he said he would send her. (A week sounded long enough to me. So no red lights.)

And now..I get dumb. Really dumb. But my reasoning was that an Arachnopets member wouldn't rip off another Arachnopets member. It seems reasonable enough. I was under the impression that Arachnopets was almost like a large family group: Everyone was friends with everyone, everyone helped everyone, and no one ripped anyone off.

What happened is that after I finally sent the money order, he backed out again (I can't remember why anymore.) and I immediately put a stop payment on the money order. For some moronic reason, when he yet again said he would send it, I went and sent another money order. (I was ignorant on the fact that cancelling a money order could take a little time. I thought once I cancelled it, it was cancelled. The end. I was wrong, yet again.)

So eventually he got both money orders. He claimed to have thrown the first one away (The one I put the stop payment on) and sent the spider.

It arrived. It was in great health (But to this day, I still don't think it molted when he said it was.) But it was also quite a bit under the size he said it was. I'd put it closer to 5, maybe 5.5 on a good day. But over all, I was fairly happy. I paid for a larger spider, got a smaller one...but I didn't care, I absolutely loved the Poecilotheria look.

Later on, I get a call from the bank. They told me that the money order I had put the stop payment on had actually been cashed and that I now owed the bank money.

I won't deny for a second that this was stupidity on my part to an extreme. I should have been much more alert. I should have been much smarter about it. I should have done a lot of things.

It's unfortunate that my first trade also showed me that just because it's a fairly regular Arachnopets member doesn't mean they should be trusted.

Unless you and Jeff are the only two left on earth and he has the only spider left in the world, avoid at all costs.

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

Nick, my apologys for the trouble we had back then, if theres any way i can make it up to let me know, you can PM me or e-mail me if you like, although the spider was 7" and not 5",she did molt to nick , i did'nt want to send her right after a molt,but i don't want to argue, i would like to repay you for the difference with money or perhaps a tarantula, feel free to e-mail me at Selenocosmia@aol.com . JEFF

Last edited:

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Positive :)

I purchased a beautiful H. lividum (Cobalt Blue) from him. A tarantula Faith has been wanting a Long time. She came wonderfuly packed, on time. Jeff kept me up to date on every point throughout. And sent me a tracking number right away.

She's healthy, plump and beautiful.
I'll be doing business again with him for certain.

snellgreene

Arachnopeon
Positive Deal !!!!!!!

HELLO EVERYONE............ MY EXPERIENCE WITH JEFF WAS VERY POSITIVE OVERALL........I MADE A DEAL WITH HIM TO PURCHASE TWO TARANTULA'S FROM HIM.........I SENT HIM THE AMOUNT WE AGREED ON.......HE WAS VERY PROMPT LETTING ME KNOW THT HE HAD RECIEVED IT........AS SOON AS HE SHIPPED HE SENT MY TRACKING NUMBER TO ME...........I RECIEVED THE T'S IN GOOD SHAPE AS HE HAD DESCRIBED THEY WERE PACKED WELL TOO. I WOULD NOT HESITATE TO DEAL WITH JEFF AGAIN...........ROBERT SNELLGROVE

scorpionking

Arachnopeon
Dealing's With Arachnidfiend

Ive been in the hobby of raising and breeding scorpion's since 1975 and i've dealt with Jeff and he is a straight out guy and would recommend him out.you can't knock someone if you don't understand the whole of it,thing's unexpected pop up with all of us,no one is perfect and there are NO expert's in this field we are all learning and thing's are changing each and everyday so let's enjoy this wonderful hobby.God Bless us all and our Arachnid Friend's.
George-----------scorpionking5255

PS-Hi Jeff & good luck